Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NSW driving test (P's) tips/advice

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
They say check your mirror every 10-15 seconds, i check at least all 3 in half that (comes from riding bikes). But be careful talking, you might get sucked into the convo and make a mistake and not even know it

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
dont try be to friendly either the guy i had didnt like it jsut be casual ull be right mate it not that hard i still passed and my guy had to stamp the breaks hard only cuase a car crash jsut happend infront of me but it was forgiven as it wasnt a intented part of the test

When I did mine the guy loved my car, wouldn't stop askin me questions about it. It was in a Torana though, so it's quite understandable. :D

Most points are covered above, just be calm and exaggerate headchecks etc. He also wanted me to do a visual inspection, ie: walk around the car, before starting the test. I failed my first go when it popped out of first (gotta love aussie 4 speeds lol) on the 3 point turn and I rolled back and hit the gutter, on a narrow street.

And adjust your mirrors when you first get in the car to do the test. Whether they need it or not.

Good luck mate.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
After this Test its all easy, Green P Test & Full License test took me about 5 mins each. took longer to fill out forms and print my license out lol.

VYHDT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY HDT
I think everyone has covered the basics.. just be cool for the 15 mind or so that it takes... and dont rush yourself.. double check intersections things like that.. you cant fail for being too careful so as I said just concentrate... also have manners.. you don't want to get on their bad side.. only speak when needed.. etc etc

YILDI2

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
FG XR6 TURBO /RIP VT II LS1 Clubby, VR Commodore S
i struck up a nice conversation with my instructor, just had a huge convo with him, probably depends on the instructor you get to, like everyone pointed out just feel asif your having a lesson instead of being tested thats what i did and worked out for me, even though some crazy lady almost hit me and i thought i failed and he didnt say anything till we walked in, and he smiled and told me i passed, probably because i kept asking him the whole way did i fail or not lol. I reckon you will be fine mate, just think of all the bad drivers we have on the road hate to generalise or be racist but "most" indians and asians cant drive, yet they pass their test

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
My dad had the best advice for me when I was nervous 5 mins before my test. He said the only way id fail is because of nerves, and there was no need to be nervous because if I failed I could just book it again for next week. When he put it like that I realised passing first go was not life or death so I relaxed, got in my car, and passed easy as you like

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
all i can say is make sure you stop the 3-4 seconds at stop signs.. i got failed for that the first time i went i stoped and went again to quick.. also as they have said exadurate when looking in mirrors and blind spots they will fail you on that.. and also dont do what i did and fail once so dont go back for 6 months lol.. you will regret it..

Good luck mate.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Um... Stopping is stopping. It's a black and white thing. The signs don't say "STOP: for X amount of time". As long as all forward momentum stops, then you shouldn't be failed for not stopping.

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
Um... Stopping is stopping. It's a black and white thing. The signs don't say "STOP: for X amount of time". As long as all forward momentum stops, then you shouldn't be failed for not stopping.

old timer.. the rule is 3 seconds.