Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NSW Pink Slip mechanics

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
As the last of our Commodores (MY17) hit the 5 years age mark this year, for us New South Welshmen that means we need to get a pink slip.
Just wondering what people's experiences have been around Sydney with getting pink slips and the preferences of mechanics with inspections.
I had the experience of previously getting the pink slip done together with a service at the Stealership but not keen on an apprentice taking my V8 out for a 3km test drive to certify the pink slip.
Understand that it's perhaps the proper thing to do but my VF only has 2000kms on the clock and not keen on someone else putting their foot on it on a public road where it should be quite obvious that the car is roadworthy...
Anyone had good experiences with pink slips in Sydney?

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
have a look at online reviews for local workshops also lot of places who sell tyres do rego checks and brake test and its done by the mechanic who is licence vehicle esafety check examiner

you have 6 months before the regos due to get the pinkslip nsw gov brought it in so if your car goes in for a service or repairs you can get it done too

Last edited: