Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Other] [NSW/VIC] VX Commodore S Pack V6 with factory 5 Speed Manual - Ideal first car

The Sicilian

Ironically work for Ford
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S V6 5M
ITEM: 2000 VX Commodore S Pack V6

PRICE: $4500 negotiable

LOCATION: Currently located in Melbourne, Victoria, but I am able to drive it up to Sydney for the right buyer, as I had moved from there (hence the NSW rego plates)

YEAR: 2000 November build

SERIES: VX

BADGE: S (A.K.A, S Pack)

ENGINE: 3.8L ECOTEC V6

TRANSMISSION: Factory 5 Speed Manual (Getrag M35, with Exedy Heavy Duty Solid Mass flywheel conversion)

COLOUR: Phantom Mica (Black)

EXTERIOR CONDITION: Fair. Paint is chipping away on the front fascia due to a not-so-good front re-spray. The rear has a few scratches in the middle due to contact with a friendly car's towbar. Doors have the usual dings from contact with more friendly cars over the years.

INTERIOR CONDITION: Good. Minor wear on the seats, typical of its age. Finisher panels have been re-sprayed silver to give it an SS look. Instrument cluster has been modified with red dials and white needles with silver frame, again, to give it the look of an SS. Genuine Holden by Design Red Leather gear knob from a VY has been fitted with matching red leather gear boot. Satin chrome interior door handles from a VZ SS have also been fitted.

WHEELS: Genuine Holden Monaro VZ 18 inch wheels. Minor gutter rash, but good overall.

TYRE CONDITION: 75% tread, were fitted approx 9000 km ago

TYRE SIZE INCLUDING LOAD RATING: Maxxis MA-V1 225/40 ZR18 92 W

ODOMETER: 231 XXX km

SERVICE HISTORY: Service history until the log book finishes! Since then, I have had it regularly serviced by a Holden Mechanic from Holden Headquarters (can pass on his details to the new buyer if interested, as he does a great job)

REGO OF CAR: Registered in NSW

REGO TILL: 8-MAY-2014

PLATES INCLUDED: Personalised red plates will be included with the sale

RWC: Won't need one until rego expiry

DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION: Car is currently located in Melbourne, Victoria, but as mentioned earlier, I can drive the vehicle up to Sydney for the right buyer

PAYMENT OPTIONS: Cash please

CONTACT DETAILS: PM

OTHER INFO:

After almost 10 years, it is finally time to sell my daily workhorse. Being an S (or S pack), it has the following factory features:

• SS front bar, side skirts and rear bar
  • Rear spoiler
  • FE2 sports suspension
  • Cruise control
  • Power windows
  • Leather steering wheel (which is admittedly worn, hence, the steering wheel cover)
  • Traction Control (Factory option)
  • Tinted windows (Factory option)
  • SS fog lights (Factory option)

On top of the factory features, the following have been added over the years:

• After-market front brakes, comprising of RDA slotted rotors and QFM HPX police-spec pads (Excellent, yet affordable upgrade)
  • Pioneer 1 DIN headunit with MP3/USB/AUX input, and Pioneer front speakers. Modest, yet noticeable upgrade from factory system
  • Genuine VZ SS satin chrome interior door release handles
  • Genuine Holden by Design VY red leather gear knob with matching gear boot
  • SS-style instrument panel and gauge cluster in red and silver
  • Genuine VZ Monaro 18 inch wheels (one wheel has a crack repaired which was caused by a puncture. This was completed in 2010 and has confidently held air since, so no issues there)
  • HM Headers sports rear muffler with twin tips. Give a nice, subtle note, not as loud as a cat-back system.
  • Fulcrum/SuperPro 4 point rear camber kit, to rectify the notoriously bad rear camber wear issues these commodores had until the VX II update. (Note that this was fitted long before the current set of tyres)
  • Heavy duty engine and transmission mounts
  • New water pump
  • Lukey performance air filter (washable)
  • New genuine starter motor and fuel pump fitted 1.5 years ago
  • New front sway bar links and bushes fitted 1.5 years ago
  • Re-manufactured (not re-conditioned, there is a difference) genuine Holden steering rack fitted 1.5 years ago
  • New front tie rod ends and new genuine FE2 front struts fitted 1.5 years ago
  • New genuine Holden fuel injectors and inlet manifold gaskets fitted over a year ago
  • New genuine Delphi ignition coil assembly with DFI module fitted 1 year ago
  • New Exedy Heavy Duty Clutch kit with Solid Mass Flywheel fitted 1 year ago (less than 10 000 km ago). The spigot bush and slave cylinder were also replaced at this time. Makes any future clutch replacements cheaper as the flywheel can be machined.
  • New genuine Holden rear main seal (crankcase seal) and plate and oil pan seal fitted 1 year ago
  • New voltage regulator (on the alternator) fitted 6 months ago

Things that may need attention:

• Cruise control cable is broken where it meets the throttle. This is an easy fix and cables can be bought for around $60 second hand
  • Power antenna does not fully extend or retract, causing it to make a noise every time you start or turn off the car. Does not affect the radio signal. I have bought a genuine replacement antenna and mast, but have not got around to fitting it. Will be included in the sale if I don't get around to fitting it myself.
  • Depending on how picky you are, the paint is badly chipped on the front and could do with at least a front bar re-spray.
  • Driver's window can sometimes struggle to close, but never fully jams.

Apart from these minor quibbles, it really is a solid, reliable daily, with nothing to spend mechanically as all the pricey items have already been replaced. Due to the solid mass flywheel conversion, the idle is slightly rough at times, and there is a bit more transmission noise, but personally I like the noise it makes!

PICTURES: Coming soon. To whet your appetite, here's a few that I posted a number of years ago. http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...t-your-vt-vx-pictures-here-5.html#post1131124 Not quite as clean these days! ;)