Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NT speed limit web site

1HotSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
EDITED BY 12Voltking.

Ok, I don't see the reason to close this thread, I think it should be open for discussion but there will be NO spamming of websites.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Hmm...if "speed kills", and "every K over is a killer", then why doesn't the NT have the highest death rates in the country?

Of course, they do have some other "interesting" statistics...like single vehicle accidents where up to fifteen people are injured...apparently this results from certain groups of people in broken down old unroadworthy 4x4's out in the scrub coming adrift when full of piss and rolling it with all thier relatives piled in the back...this was the explanation given to my nephew the cop when he was up there on holidays.:D

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
if ppl feel like that cant handle that speed then they shouldnt travel that speed.
if ppl are keen enough to do 140 then there gonna do it anyway regardless of law.

on the other hand, its cheaper to put speed limiters in cars than to enforce speed limits.

off topic but whats the difference between a terriotry and a state?

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
Ive planed for my holiday next year to drive through NT via to Adelaide because the Territory roads doesnt have any speed limits.

If this goes through ill be going via to Hay then

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
Waits for mods to shut this down.:whistling

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
if ppl feel like that cant handle that speed then they shouldnt travel that speed.
if ppl are keen enough to do 140 then there gonna do it anyway regardless of law.

on the other hand, its cheaper to put speed limiters in cars than to enforce speed limits.

off topic but whats the difference between a terriotry and a state?

A territory doesn't have as much governmental indepedence as a state. For instance the federal government can squash any territory legislation it doesn't like. Few other differences but thats the main one that's been annoying everyone lately.

Personally I reckon the idea of 100/110 limits on NT roads is only going to piss people off and maybe cause a tiny reduction in road fatalities. But it will mean more revenue, so you can guarantee that all the government types are keen on it.

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
i wonder what the fuel economy of cars are like at 200kmh vs 100kmh

of course you use more fuel going faster ... but you get a damn sight further

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
have a look at the population per square km too & compare to other states, that might give you a hint why the road toll is lower

Rob

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4

Shitful, air resistance increases with speed. Not linearly either, above 100ish air resistance starts to get really interesting.

have a look at the population per square km too & compare to other states, that might give you a hint why the road toll is lower

Rob

Ahh, but they get shitloads of tourists as well. If memory serves the main source of fatalities is retard tourists doing stupid speeds, whereas most of the locals are happy with 130-150. You're right though, they do stand out like dogs balls in the statistics. Only have to do a quick google search to see that.

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman

The most fuel efficient speed to travel at is 90kph. After that you start eating up all your fuel fighting wind resistance.