Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NU13's Redhot SS

te_rarawa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS & VF SSV Redline
You can have too much brakes! My VR4 was set up with Evo brembo's. I stopped short, the guy behind me didn't, the car was a write off!

but that wasnt wasnt your fault the brakes worked so well lol

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Bit like that AAMI ad where the girl stops after the mattress falls off the car in front.
Pays to always watch your rear vision mirror much like when braking on a motor bike.
I've had to release my brakes a little when I thought the person following wasn't concentrating.

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
You can have too much brakes! My VR4 was set up with Evo brembo's. I stopped short, the guy behind me didn't, the car was a write off!

Moral of the story is never let Mr Magoo follow you on the road? :D

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Bit like that AAMI ad where the girl stops after the mattress falls off the car in front.
Pays to always watch your rear vision mirror much like when braking on a motor bike.
I've had to release my brakes a little when I thought the person following wasn't concentrating.

I was watching the car come up very fast, I had no where to go. Got knocked into the car in front as well. ####ing Prius driver.

te_rarawa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS & VF SSV Redline
Yep sunday i'll do a video to go with the before video. Can't believe that people put down the X-Force systems?? Perhaps R&D has improved the systems?
That could very well be the case bro, coz when i was looking for an exhaust (3 years ago now), the reviews were less than favorable. I even saw photos of the tips sitting off center or one tip was sitting a lot lower than the other. Even heard of people having to modify hangers or bends in order for the sytem to fit. The worst story I read was one of the mufflers in a stainless system peeled open like a banana, when i saw that I had made my mind up to steer clear. Back to the topic though, looking forward to seeing the before and after

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Yeah Jonathan at HBR is pretty much the guru in the south island of NZ as far as tuning Holdens and Fords. He also gets the likes of Corvettes, Comaros and Mustangs sent to him from all over the south island.
One of the things i wasn't expecting that i am really happy with is that the auto trans now appears to be blipping the throttle as i am slowing down and the trans is coming down through the gears. It is almost manual like in the way it does it.

Yes mine does the blipping and changedown gear thing only when going quick then braking hard to slow for a round-about etc. Used to do it with just normal driving until my tuner adjusted something in the tune one day and it doesnt do it anymore..damn.. Nice ride fella by the way..