Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NU13's Redhot SS

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
So went for a cruise today in the SS. Pulled up to get fuel and parked next to something very similar to this!
images

I'm a Holden man through and through. Hate most Fords but i came just a little when i saw this. The guy said it is making around 620hp and sounded fantastic when he started it.

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Sounds good NU ( similar to mine). Tail pipes look a bit long past the bumper in the vid or is it just the angle?( had an xforce on mine at one stage and they were that length too) but it droned like hell so got a custom made catback..

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
Sounds good NU ( similar to mine). Tail pipes look a bit long past the bumper in the vid or is it just the angle?( had an xforce on mine at one stage and they were that length too) but it droned like hell so got a custom made catback..

All the X-forces i have seen stick out like that. No drone at all with this system. Sounds fantastic when you put your boot up it otherwise it's reasonable quiet. Definitely more V8 rumble at idle though.

te_rarawa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS & VF SSV Redline
sounds nice bro but I think you need to do something about those tips lol
I take it its only a smaller cam since no Hi stall?

te_rarawa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS & VF SSV Redline
Yeah it's a 228/232 600 LSA with 112 lift. No idea what those figures mean but the tuner says it is biggest he likes to go without doing the hi stall.
It still has a bit of lift though, I got a Crow Cam 268/274 with 114 lift. But since it only has single row timing chain I wanna get that changed to a twin and maybe a Powerbond Underdrive kit as well

Jamie_vzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ls1
so you spend approx $800nz on a Chinese cat back over your nz coby system to gain what?? look around theres guys making close to 300kw on a coby system on trademe etc.

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
so you spend approx $800nz on a Chinese cat back over your nz coby system to gain what?? look around theres guys making close to 300kw on a coby system on trademe etc.

I can tell you right off the bat that i've gained power and thats without the retune. Two 2.5 inch exhausts vs. One 3 inch. Guess which flows better? And if you do look around you'll find most of the quick guys don't use Coby.

As for what i'm gaining? Hmmm better engine note. Better rumble on idle. Enhanced V8 sound when you put your foot down. All that and more power. Have you asked the question why the guys that tune the V8's for a living recommend X-Force and not Coby?

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
You guys have your cam info about face.
Using NU13's cam the the 228/232 is the inlet and exhaust opening's @ .050" lift (this is the industry lift measurement of 50 thousandths of an inch for more realistic cam figures)
The 600 is the lift and is measured again in thousandths of an inch, like .600" or a tenth over 1/2" lift.
The 112 is the degrees of LSA lobe separation angle, the distance between the top of the lobe on each inlet and exhaust per cylinder, read like 112deg.
With LSA factory is around 115-117 to give smooth idle, usually anything less than 112 starts to get lumpy.