Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nulon Radiator stop leak

jakewaze

Jakewaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Spack S1 Auto
Hi, I have a small leak in my radiator and just bought some of the above and wanted to know;
Now that the hole is fixed, do I have to flush the system or is it ok to leave it i there??? The botle just says it doesn't harm or corrode the engine, but nothing about leaving it in here long term. Cheers

Last edited:

jakewaze

Jakewaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Spack S1 Auto
????? Any Ideas

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
The only thing that stuff does, is find the hole and fill it up. It's a temporary fix for weeping hoses and hairline cracks - it has small bits that get in there and block it up. If you flush the system, you'll flush out the gap filler. I think it also contains an agent to swell up old dry hose ends. I'm not 100% sure on this one.

I suggest you save up to replace whatever was leaking, while the stop-leak is keeping stuff under control in the meantime.

MattBlackVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina
A cheaper and less harmful temp fix for radiators is pepper. Course pepper seals up the leaks quick fast.

yor71

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN V6 LE Sedan
Like the other guys posted, this kind of stuff is a temporary fix. There are all sorts of tricks, pepper, egg etc but are temp and are not addressing the fact that your radiator is leaking. Now you know the fault in your system, would probably recommend fixing it now rather then when she dumps the coolant on you 10:30 one night on the side of a motorway.

jakewaze

Jakewaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Spack S1 Auto
k thanks, i will replace the radidiator asap but hopefully this stuff holds up till then

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
yeh keep it in there, I had a similar leak and this stuff is still holding up after 2months.