Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Number Plates

J

Jingle Bells

VF Commodore Number Plate Rear.....Same Plate at the Front taken with Flash Light.....Changes to white....confusion with Speed Camera's???????
Jingle Bells.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 567
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 482

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Don't kid yourself.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
A camera and the eye see light differently. What ever you see with the naked eye will be different to what the camera "sees". Also, it doesn't matter what you think you see or what you do to a number plate, digital images can be manipulated to make the plate visible even though you can't see it with the naked eye. Apart from covering it up, the camera will always "see" the plate.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
I dloaded it and simply opened it in a decent picture app I can read it fine...

Weatherman

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS S2
I have heard of people spraying aerosol art glue over the number plate or installing reflective plastic film to dodge tolls. I have noticed plates going around these days that from rear quarter panel look to go blank. If boys in blue see any type of disappearing trick they'll likely pull you over and have a good sniff + their plate ID tool doesn't use flash... and so too most of the modern toll stations don't use flash either.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Emboss a picture of a number plate and the fact the the letters are raised should mean they will show up.

On another note, I've seen a good number plate that was a dull kermit green that read 00O00O or something like that. It was very hard to read when I was driving directly behind the car.

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
Was wondering how those colours like Black on Blue would photo as you can't read them until your up close but found they come out perfect in the photo's.
Tried the "Ghost Plate" clear cover on the bike that blanks out half the digits looking from angle like cameras. Work fine exept the naked eye can also see the effect and they have a big fine and points cause it is a deliberate cover up. Mates use flip up covers on bikes but if caught will be the big one also.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
you also took this at a much higher angle and a lot closer than the camera will be, also traffic cameras use a different coloured flash.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
A mate has his bike plate on the under part of the guard mounted vertically just in front of the rear wheel. You can see it when you are driving behind the bike, but because of the angle, camera's can't. He reckons it's cheaper to get a yellow sticker removed than copping fines because he rides it like a lunatic and if he is ever chased, the plate is in the wrong spot so coppers don't see it and think it's unlicensed. They never get close enough to see the plate. But that's enough of illegal activity talk.....