Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NVRAM 11p tuning discussion thread.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
So turns out my NVRAM is dead.

It's 4 months old and it appears not using it for 2 months has let it's internal battery go flat, I can't even connect to it via my ALDL cable anymore.

Last edited:

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
To add an input on the PCM you just need to add a wire and pin into one of the existing empty pin slots. 11p is already programmed to have the WB sensor input added on pin D8 but you also need to remove the pull up resistor for that input. Info can be found in the 11p overview PDF (page 11).

I've added the 11p overview PDF to the OP.
Cheers for that info. I tried to hunt it out a day or so ago and couldn't find it easily.
Good idea adding PDF to first post too.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Anyone used BLM table (block learn module) to update the VE tables? I can't quite get my head around what it is telling me and how it relates.
I figured if the ECU is doing learned adjustment, then it will be taking all modifiers into account (lean cruise, accel enrich, etc etc) without me needing to turn them all off during data acquisition.

Also any ideas for slowing the accel enrichment? At a hit of the throttle it goes pig rich, and then quite lean very quickly. If I could lessen the enrichment but extend the time for enrichment I think it will be better.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Acceleration enrichment settings are found in the Transient section.
1652951540464.png

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Try reducing the AE Multiplier Vs engine RPM to reduce the amount of AE fuel and drop the AE Fuel Decay Factor to increase how long AE stays active.

1652951906414.png

Last edited:

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Also any ideas for slowing the accel enrichment? At a hit of the throttle it goes pig rich, and then quite lean very quickly. If I could lessen the enrichment but extend the time for enrichment I think it will be better.
I'm pretty sure I've got this issue at the moment too, that being said it's been so long since I've driven the thing I can't really remember.

Be keen to see if that fixes it for you.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I'm pretty sure I've got this issue at the moment too, that being said it's been so long since I've driven the thing I can't really remember.

Be keen to see if that fixes it for you.
I'll be sure to share if I make progress in this area.
Be interesting to compare it to a stock manifold and know if it's like this from factory, or just a better intake manifold issue.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
AE fuel change probably has something to do with manifold design and IAT temps. Different size injectors might also play a part.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
@Deuce got the wideband hooked up to the PCM today.

Does your reading show the same on your gauge as it does in tunerpro?

I'm finding the PCM reads about 0.5-1 point higher than the gauge, which could be problematic when trying to read logs.

For example the AEM gauge will show 14.5 at idle on the gauge and be reding around 15-15.5 in tuner pro.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
@Deuce got the wideband hooked up to the PCM today.

Does your reading show the same on your gauge as it does in tunerpro?

I'm finding the PCM reads about 0.5-1 point higher than the gauge, which could be problematic when trying to read logs.

For example the AEM gauge will show 14.5 at idle on the gauge and be reding around 15-15.5 in tuner pro.
Pretty sure mine did that before I removed the 'step-up' resistor.