Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NVRAM 11p tuning discussion thread.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Did you put the target AFR Vs Coolant temp table back to stock?

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Don't worry, we've all done that.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
So really weird one the last week or so I've been trying to track down.

The cars been running like balls at low speed/light throttle and also going super rich (resting my foot at 1-3% throttle drops the AFR down to around 8.8) then suddenly swings to super lean on light throttle.

Nothings changed in my VE table and I can't think of anything else I've changed that would be impacting it.

Hooked the laptop up today and watched what was happening live, it seems that until at least 5-6% throttle it's not advancing my timing and going pretty rich (if anything it's dropping the timing under base timing slightly) then it will suddenly hit the advance curve and then go super lean.

Attached is a copy of what I'm seeing, if anyone can shed any light that would be great. No matter what changes I make to VE or my timing map seems to be affecting it.
As you can see at that RPM I should be hitting for example 27-30 degrees, yet I'm actually only getting 9-15 degrees, once I get to around 5-6% throttle it suddenly advances and my AFR leans right out at such light throttle.

Pic for reference: the spark advance map isn't matching up with how much advance I'm actually getting.
8zfQxGL.png

I've checked my base timing in diag mode which is still rocking at 10 degrees.

I pulled my plugs to check them and it had fowled the rear 2 spark plugs on the passenger side head, something funky is going on.

Then on top of all of that, no matter how rich I make my VE table or what the idle spark or idle AFR is set at, my idle AFR seems to be spiking at 18-21.

I've......I've got nothing, it's a weird one.

Last edited:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Is it staying in the idle map settings until about 5 or 6% TPS?

Changing timing will change how the fuel is burnt in the cylinder so can change AFR's.

Watching that video, it seems like it's going lean as you back of the throttle. Try turning off the enleanment function and see if the issue goes away. If it is that it doesn't hurt, turn it off, add a whole lot of fuel in the VE map for that deceleration zone and have lots of fuel going into the exhaust..... P plater styles :)

Last edited:

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Is it staying in the idle map settings until about 7 or 8% TPS?

Changing timing will how the fuel is burnt in the cylinder so can change AFR's.
I'll check that out, I know I've still got it set for maximum throttle position for idle as the standard 0.78% so it technically it should be leaving that map past that throttle position?

The weird thing is my map hasn't changed but suddenly it seems to be running way leaner than it was before under part throttle when it is advancing. For example light acceleration yesterday at say 15% throttle at 40km/h was giving me readings of 17.1 afr.

Even though nothing in the tune has changed :/

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
@Immortality What would be the best way of turning off acceleration enleanment (theres no simple on/off parameters).

O7wfpNf.png

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't use 11/12p much but check to see if there is a road speed setting for idle as well.

It may be just the extra timing at low load/low speed moving the AFR's a bit.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
@Immortality What would be the best way of turning off acceleration enleanment (theres no simple on/off parameters).

O7wfpNf.png
Somewhere there should be an enable temp parameter, normally we raise those to maximum and it stops the function from working.