Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NVRAM 11p tuning discussion thread.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Thanks for all the advice mate, will give it a try.

I'll try and do it one step at a time and figure out this advance issue, looks like TPS maximum for idle is 0.78% and max road speed is 3km/h for idle.

However in park/neutral it should still be advancing out of those parameters with throttle percentage if I'm not mistaken, so somethings still stopping it from advancing until it hits 5-6%.....so weird

Maybe I'll try another bin and see if it does the same thing just to test.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
At the top left of the dash monitor window is a drop down box, select Complete Dash instead of Engine Dash. Complete Dash has a bitmask at the bottom that shows Closed Loop Idle which should indicate when the engine is operating in Idle mode. Run the log again with this screen and see it its staying in idle mode.

If you look under Fuel - Idle Fuel there are 2 flag options towards the bottom. [econ] set = Closed throttle VE Option. If you set this flag I believe it should then stay in the main VE map when in idle mode.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Somewhere there should be an enable temp parameter, normally we raise those to maximum and it stops the function from working.
I can find DFCO (decel fuel cut off) road speed threshold.
Currently set at 31kph

But if I raise that to 200kph then I will never be fast enough for it to activate decel enleanment? (Well, maybe I won't. Depends on the racetrack really)
Or am I in the wrong area

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I can find DFCO (decel fuel cut off) road speed threshold.
Currently set at 31kph

But if I raise that to 200kph then I will never be fast enough for it to activate decel enleanment? (Well, maybe I won't. Depends on the racetrack really)
Or am I in the wrong area
I tried it on mine and it worked a treat.

I'll never see 200 ;)

In other news I think my.AEM's o2 sensor is dying already.

It's reading either waaaay to rich or way to lean.

As in either 8.8 at idle and light throttle which should be enough to stall and 25.2 which should also be enough to stall.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8

I'll never see 200 ;)

In other news I think my.AEM's o2 sensor is dying.

As in 8.8 which should stall and 25.2 which should also stall.
So I'm in the right spot. Choice. Thanks mate.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8

I'll never see 200 ;)

In other news I think my.AEM's o2 sensor is dying already.

As in either 8.8 at idle and light throttle which should be enough to stall and 25.2 which should also be enough to stall.
What angle is the WB O2 sensor mounted on? 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock top half of pipe?

Maybe try recalibrating the sensor?

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
What angle is the WB O2 sensor mounted on? 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock top half of pipe?

Maybe try recalibrating the sensor?
I can't remember the exact angle but it's definately within spec from the manual, I took it out when I had the headers dropped the other day and it had no corrision etc from moisture on it.

I tried doing a free air calibration with it out but it kept failing, not sure if thats because of residual oil/fuelly smells in the shed causing it to get a false reading (apparently the air conditions have to be just about perfect for it to pass).

Fingers crossed I can get it reading accurately again, for a $350 odd kit it would be pretty annoying to last less than a year.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I can't remember the exact angle but it's definately within spec from the manual, I took it out when I had the headers dropped the other day and it had no corrision etc from moisture on it.

I tried doing a free air calibration with it out but it kept failing, not sure if thats because of residual oil/fuelly smells in the shed causing it to get a false reading (apparently the air conditions have to be just about perfect for it to pass).

Fingers crossed I can get it reading accurately again, for a $350 odd kit it would be pretty annoying to last less than a year.
I'm onto my second sensor if that is any consolation.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
How long did the 1st sensor last?
Hard to remember. But maybe 18months.
I blame myself for it though. Had it mounted around 8 o'clock ish and I think something happened and I drove 5km without it powered up. Both of which are not recommended.
That's was ages ago though.