Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NVRAM 11p tuning discussion thread.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Managed to get out for a good 4-5 hours over the weekend for some tuning.

WOT is perfect at around 12.5-12.7 across the entire rev range so it's ready for this weekends event.

However I'm having a little trouble with light acceleration (Say 5-15% throttle) where the AFR spikes up to 16-17 for about a second then drops back to a healther light load AFR of around 13.5 and will happily lean cruise at light throttle at 14.5-15 it's just light load acceleration that seems to be the problem.

Nothing I do to the VE tables around those MAP readings seem to be making any difference.

It doesn't seem to be impacted by the AE changes I made the other day as I put them back to standard for a test and it made no change.

On a side note I must say I'm super impressed with the 4503 at WOT, this is the first time I've ever really leaned on it hard and it just laid patch through most of first gear....oops

Last edited:

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
After watching a Steve Morris video the other day, I've been working on map smoothing. Mostly around the lower areas (blue/green). So far the AFR gauge fluctuates less when driving.
IMG_20220614_202417.jpg

Excuse the raindrops on my laptop screen. I just loaded this one into the car

More smoothing later on as more runs and more data comes.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Oh, also worked out that you can click on graph points and drag them up or down to smooth the map.
So much easier than looking at rows/columns of numbers searching for spikes/dips.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Oh, also worked out that you can click on graph points and drag them up or down to smooth the map.
So much easier than looking at rows/columns of numbers searching for spikes/dips.
oh wow thats a game changer, thats so much easier

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Gosh, I thought everyone knew that :eek:

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
@Deuce If it's not super secret IP etc would you mind if I grab a screenshot of what your spark advance table looks like for the 4502?

Last edited:

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
@Deuce If it's not super secret IP etc would you mind if I grab a screenshot of what your spark advance table looks like for the 4502?
Yeap, I'll send that through a little later on.
Keep in mind I've got alloy heads which should take more advance than you, although I don't think I am maxed out yet.
Can you return the favor with some coolant offset and idle settings, I'll message you later.

Reactions: Lex

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Yeap, I'll send that through a little later on.
Keep in mind I've got alloy heads which should take more advance than you, although I don't think I am maxed out yet.
Can you return the favor with some coolant offset and idle settings, I'll message you later.
of course, hit me up with whatever you need :)

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
After more VE map work over the last few weeks, I've decided that I should leave it and then work on WOT VE AFR at the track.
Although the last few days it seemed a fraction rich through the normal around town low rpm light load stuff, so took 1 VE out of about 14 cells, and then today I am recalibrating my gauge sensor because it's probably been a year since my last re-cal.

Then might try and turn all decel enleanment off and run over most of the map again one day.