Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NV's 04 Z Series Clubsport

BecStar

Kickstart My Heart...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Clubsport R8 - Vespers Blue
Ouch! I'm not sure whether to keep my towbar on after seeing this picture lol. I kept it on because I've had to replace the bootlid, spoiler and rear guard because someone smashed into it in the shop carpark, thought maybe if it happens again they'd hit the bar first and not cause so much damage.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Damn, that sucks dude.

That looks one of the towbards that you can take the tongue off easily enough? Once you've got your car sorted, might be an idea to keep it off unless you are using it.

So sad to see a nice imulse clubby with any battle scars on it. :(

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
thankfully the bar was on there, otherwise the rear bar, boot lid, lights, numberplate and garnish would all need replacing, instead of just the towbar and rear bar, so it'll probly stay on when i get it back anyway, :p
but i'm still out in the middle of nowhere for god knows how much longer so they can keep it for as long as needed to get everything perfect :p

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
well slight update,
the radiator, radiator cap and thermostat have been replaced also new bosch cross 4 platinum plugs have made their way into the head to replace the original ac delco oem plugs and the differance is amazing, so much more responsive, fuel economy has dropped almost a litre/100k now sits on 7.6l/100 on the highway at just over 100 :)
next up will be looking at replacing standard clutch with something a little more heavy duty, also changing gear box oil from original dex III to a more appropriate mgo70 synthetic gear oil, and also may change the diff oil and put a conditioner through it, and the most important mod anyone with a manual v8 (ford or holden) can do,,, installing a gmm ripshifter

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
hmmm, according to the missus the clubby is still loosing coolant, but I can't for the life of me work out where it's going, or how it's getting there, maybe time to let the professionals have a look at the old girl and see if they can determine WTF is going on.
on a side note does anyone know where to get the bonnet accent pieces from? would holden stock these? as mine is cracked from a rock on the way to sydney the other week :(
Want to replace this and the bonnet badge (also copped a rocked) before the guys from Duco Revival work their magic on my baby

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
hmmm, according to the missus the clubby is still loosing coolant, but I can't for the life of me work out where it's going, or how it's getting there, maybe time to let the professionals have a look at the old girl and see if they can determine WTF is going on.
on a side note does anyone know where to get the bonnet accent pieces from? would holden stock these? as mine is cracked from a rock on the way to sydney the other week :(
Want to replace this and the bonnet badge (also copped a rocked) before the guys from Duco Revival work their magic on my baby

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS

you woudlnt have that problem with a V8... oh... wait... never mind.
as for the bonnet acent piece? are you reffering to the centre piece inbetween the two agressive-as-f**k-lines? then yes holden would stock them for sure mate.

Deano4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2 and 07 VZ SS Thunder
how do you get 7.6l/100km! thats so good. ive got a vz ss thunder and sitting at 100 uses 11l/100km which i though was pretty good for a 6L. its an L98 and fair enough it is an automatic but i wouldnt think the difference would be a whole 4L to the 100kms.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
how do you get 7.6l/100km! thats so good. ive got a vz ss thunder and sitting at 100 uses 11l/100km which i though was pretty good for a 6L. its an L98 and fair enough it is an automatic but i wouldnt think the difference would be a whole 4L to the 100kms.

My 6L manual can get low 8's. What does your auto rev at when your doing 100kp/h?

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
you woudlnt have that problem with a V8... oh... wait... never mind.
as for the bonnet acent piece? are you reffering to the centre piece inbetween the two agressive-as-f**k-lines? then yes holden would stock them for sure mate.

Yeah the plastic bit in between the aggressive as f*$K lines :p, smart arse lol

Yeah I'm not sure how i manage it, maybe when i want it to my right foot goes from the weight of a cinder block to that of a feather, but it did it almost the entire way over to phillip island and back, resulted in 2 1/2 tanks for the journey :)

My 6L manual can get low 8's. What does your auto rev at when your doing 100kp/h?

i've notcied the auto's seem to hang around the 2k mark for 100-110kph compared to my manual Not sure on others sitting on around 1200-1400rpm

As for the coolant issue a mate that works as a tech at one of the local dealerships has suggested my water pump may well be on it's way out, which would explain the horrible squeel coming from that general area which i put down to either the belt or the water pump bearing, turns out I now know which one it most likely is,,
Time for a new one me thinks, at this rate everything under my engine bay is going to be new before i start to modify my car