Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NZ joint the list of countries that have experienced religious based terrorism

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Death toll now stands at 49 with another 48 injured, some still critical.

Lets not let these cowards win, I'm going to a free rock concert in the park tomorrow arvo!

One of your Aussie politicians has some interesting comments,

Aussie politician lashes out at Muslims after Christchurch shootings: 'They are the perpetrators'

I don't think he and his views will be appreciated over here either.
He is well known for his redneck views. He must feel he needs a bit of publicity prior to the election

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
There are plenty of guns here in NZ, plenty of military style weapons. Some of those get stolen. There have been a fair few drug busts/gang raids where these types of weapons have been found with drugs and money. More weapons are also smuggled into the country. We are surrounded by water and in reality have a fairly open border for those with nefarious intentions.

55,000 guns imported each year

Hell, someone at my work just gave up his E cat firearms license and disposed off or converted his remaining firearms to meet Cat A specifications.

NZ has a good record when it comes to gun violence but it's ignorant to assume these types of weapons aren't out there. You have to remember that gun laws only effect those of us who use firearms responsibly.

He is well known for his redneck views. He must feel he needs a bit of publicity prior to the election

I don't have much time for pollies who use this **** for personal gain.

Last edited:

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I think why New Zealand has such a low level of gun violence is because the cops don't normally carry guns. It was shock when we came to
Australia to see that all cops carry guns.
The ex SAS soldier was surprised not that they had guns but the type of guns that were used.
When John Howard was prime minister he was widely praised for his gun recall. What that meant was that the goodies handed in their weapons
and the baddies didn't.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
NZ cops for the most part don't carry a sidearm but don't think they don't heave weapons readily available. Plenty of police cars have lock boxes fitted with the necessary hardware close at hand.

Last week there were a number of incidents involving firearms in Christchurch and IIRC all police patrols were armed until the suspects were apprehended.

The ex SAS soldier must live under a stone if those are his beliefs. I'm fairly sure both the local gun stores in my area have AR type weapons on the shelf.

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
Very sad indeed

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
NZ cops for the most part don't carry a sidearm but don't think they don't heave weapons readily available. Plenty of police cars have lock boxes fitted with the necessary hardware close at hand.

Last week there were a number of incidents involving firearms in Christchurch and IIRC all police patrols were armed until the suspects were apprehended.

The ex SAS soldier must live under a stone if those are his beliefs. I'm fairly sure both the local gun stores in my area have AR type weapons on the shelf.

pretty much most Police cars have rifles and side arms in lockers in the boot , I was of , and still am of mixed feelings of arming our Police . I can assure you , having been shot while in the South African Police , it really f%^king hurts , I've still got scars on both upper thighs .
The reports are now that this clown was of very extreme right wing views , what is disturbing is he live streamed his rampage via Facebook , this has now been removed

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
And now we have the knee jerk reaction from the PM that gun laws will change when it it most likely the weapons and all most certainly the high capacity drum mags were illegally obtained.

Edit: Update 28yo Aussie male will make a court appearance today. He obtained a firearms license in 2017. I still doubt he would have had an E cat license which are requires for these type of military style firearms.

Last edited:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
**** it, our concert has been cancelled as have most large public events this weekend due to safety concerns.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
And now we have the knee jerk reaction from the PM that gun laws will change when it it most likely the weapons and all most certainly the high capacity drum mags were illegally obtained.

Edit: Update 28yo Aussie male will make a court appearance today. He obtained a firearms license in 2017. I still doubt he would have had an E cat license which are requires for these type of military style firearms.

I don't really have a problem with the gun laws changing in all honesty , court date set for sometime in April ,

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I wouldn't have an issue with further restrictions on military style weapons but that's about it. I like to be able to go out and shoot some targets etc