Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

(NZ)Zero tolerance on speeding drivers all year round as cops get tough on motorists

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Fuc NZ police when I was over thwr they pulled us up and had a go because we were one person over so my uncle came picked me up and we drank beer all day while my family did the tourist thing.

I'm a non conditional land owner on the north island.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I think we will find the same thing here in Tas. State Gov has spent a ton of money on Corona measures. They will have to recoup it somehow. Having said that we have had a number of idiots on the road exceeding the speed limit, some by 80kph over in recent weeks.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Seen more speed cameras here in vic in the past few months than ever before. Counted 3 last week along the same 20km route on my way home.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
In some parts of the USA, the amber light period was actually shortened to increase red light camera revenue. This resulted in a detriment to the expected safety outcomes red light cameras should have brought to the intersection. Even though side impacts were reduced, there was a large increase in rear endings causing injury at lights, which negated the side impact reduction. Eventually the bureaucrats saw the error of their ways and many red light cameras were either removed or the amber period increased. Lots of people also got their fines back...

https://www.motorists.org/blog/6-cities-that-were-caught-shortening-yellow-light-times-for-profit/

But like running red lights, speeding is not appropriate road behaviour. It does cause lots of trauma and heartache. So fining people for clear breaches of road rules is not a problem as I see it (unless the system is being fiddled like above). BUT I hate those cash registers speed cameras parked on the side of the road which ping people for exceeding the limit by a few kph.

And just like those amber period fiddles in the USA, I wouldn’t be surprised if our local bureaucrats start to artificially lower speed limits to increase revenue... I’ve seen dirt roads with potholes and 100kph limits that have been graded, tarred and the limit reduced to 80kph... guess the fines we’re then used to pay the upgrade forward :eek: Yep, revenue ;)

Still, speeding and subsequent speed fines are an optional activity as compared to going through an intersection. One can drive within tne speed limit but it becomes dangerous to stop at an intersection with little to no amber period :p:rolleyes:

So if you speed, suck it up and take it like the man you are :eek: if you drive at the posted limit and get done by a red light camera, check the amber cycle... if it’s appropriate, suck it up like the man you are :eek:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Blaming speeding on turbos and cruise control.....:D
but officer, I needed a poo and was rushing to the toilet :cool: the turbo and cruise setting just helped me to get their quicker:eek:

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Fuc NZ police when I was over thwr they pulled us up and had a go because we were one person over so my uncle came picked me up and we drank beer all day while my family did the tourist thing.

famly guy.gif

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

I'm not familiar with the laws in NZ.

Does being a non-conditional land owner allow you to break the law by putting someone's life in danger ?