Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

O² Sensor Can you rewire straight to ECU Vp V6

Newbie1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive V6 3.8,VP Exceutive S2 3.8L 5speed
Hi guys and gals I've been trying to fix error code 13 I've done everything the Gregory's manual has to offer and can't find the problem my questions is can you or have anyone rewired from the oxygen sensor to the Ecu just want to see if that fixes it and if not get a another ecu or does anyone have any idea how to fix
Thanks in advance cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-08-23-13-28-27-99.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-23-13-28-27-99.png
    803.2 KB · Views: 143

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What have you tried so far? I had the issue on my VR and it turned out to be the brand new sensor I fitted was faulty. I chopped wires and rerun them and it wasn't even the cables.
Also is yours a heated sensor with four wires? Or is it like a VN one? I ask because it gets really messy once you start running new cables when you don't need too. Another thing do you have AED or Tuner Pro? By running engine diagnostics it helps to figure out if it's a cable issue or faulty sensor.

Last edited:

Newbie1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
What have you tried so far? I had the issue on my VR and it turned out to be the brand new sensor I fitted was faulty. I chopped wires and rerun them and it wasn't even the cables.
Also is yours a heated sensor with four wires? Or is it like a VN one? I ask because it gets really messy once you start running new cables when you don't need too. Another thing do you have AED or Tuner Pro? By running engine diagnostics it helps to figure out if it's a cable issue or faulty sensor.
I've tried from 1-5 on the Gregory's manual and I'm pretty sure but not fully its the last thing on there quote taken from manual(if voltage is above 600millivolts, check the circuits and connection between the oxygen sensor, the control unit terminal D6 and the engine earth terminals for continuity. If no fault can be found renew ecu) but reading it out loud when they say check D6 and engine earth terminals do they mean D1,D3,A12 as I haven't done that yet I thought it meant on engine.
2 wires
And I replaced the sensor and then the check engine light was coming on even more and going off but would stay on longer with new one in
And no don't aldl or tunerpro where would I get one of them mate I can't seem to find one for VP commodore

Newbie1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
Definitely no continuity on D6 all other terminals all good I'm only doing it cause I not even getting 100kms to $30 at $1.5 L

Last edited:

Newbie1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes just follow the wiring diagrams - do a search on pcmhacking
Thanks mate I was thinking running a wire from the plug/connector from oxygen sensor straight to D7 on control unit and just run the earth to D6 would that be right or am I not seeing something and are the black dots on wire diagram plugs/connector or just where the wires join and solder got a picture of attached to

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-08-23-15-37-11-45.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-23-15-37-11-45.png
    676.9 KB · Views: 162

Newbie1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks guys for the help so far last time I think.
I've think I worked it out but not sure how to go about it.
A. Earth the oxygen sensor earth wire straight to D6 with new wire.
B. Earth the oxygen sensor earth wire to a good earth aswell as splice it to D6.

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
Just run a new signal wire from the sensor to D7, and the sensor earth wire to the back of the head.

Newbie1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just run a new signal wire from the sensor to D7, and the sensor earth wire to the back of the head.
I tested with new wires coming from oxygen sensor(new1)to ecu D6 and D7.
I ran the earth from the oxygen sensor to block and split to D6 and new signal wire from oxygen sensor to D7
Getting heaps better readings now but it still chucks the error code 13 after I reset the ecu I'm gonna start again with new sensor and wiring and measure the volts and continuity any tips and advice