Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

o2 sensor problem

bmxbogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
i have a 06 sv6 and i put pacmaker headers on a while ago and about a week after i got a check power train error finaly got around to buy a obd plug and got the error codes and they were two o2 sensor low voltage codes did a bit of searching around and realised that the cat pipes that i got with the headers had the 02 plugs welded in in front of the cats so i have 2 on the headers and two more beore the cats...

this is where i need the advise... will the error be because the sensors are busted or because they are before the cat and are ment to be after it.. also they are quite dirty if i clean them will this make it go away or wll i have to get new ones or will i have to get the sensors relocated?.. i can clear the codes with my tool to check if it fixed but dose anyone have any ideas and also if i replace them will they just brake again because they r in the wrong spot

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
One problem could be that they are in front of the cats instead of behind them. But I would say the main issue is contamination. New headers will contaminate the sensors as the coating burns off. Did you get aftermarket cats fitted too or were the originals moved back after the headers?

bmxbogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
they were used so i dont think it would be contamintion and the cats are aftermarket high flow and were also used but i cant see how the cats would do anything atm because they are after all oxygen sensors

bmxbogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
i thought the Alloytecs had 4 o2 sensors, both before and after cats?

yes there is four two on the headers and two after the just after the cats. but i have herd that alloytec utes only have two

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
i thought the Alloytecs had 4 o2 sensors, both before and after cats?

The Alloytec 190 has four Oxygen Sensors (one before and one after each catalytic converter).

The Alloytec 175 has only two Oxygen Sensors (one only before each catalytic converter).

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
The Alloytec 190 has four Oxygen Sensors (one before and one after each catalytic converter).

The Alloytec 175 has only two Oxygen Sensors (one only before each catalytic converter).

Interesting... i would assume they would have to meet the same standards, being the same motor (basically)... i wonder why this is

bmxbogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
Can anyone tell me if they are broken or just need to be relocated or just need to be cleaned??

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
cant hurt to start by giving them a clean up... I'm sure if you bought these cats there shouldnt be any probs with location, if there is take them back!

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
Interesting... i would assume they would have to meet the same standards, being the same motor (basically)... i wonder why this is

The Alloytec 175 complies with Euro II emission standards, whereas the Alloytec 190 complies with Euro III emission standards (with Euro II diagnostics only).

I would imagine this would have something to do with the fact that the Alloytec is GMs 'World' engine (so I believe), and would be manufactured to comply with varied emission standards in the different countries it is exported to and used in.