Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

O2 sensor, reboot computer? Change sway bar bushes?

davecvscommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim wagon 1996
2 new O2 sensors to VS V6, I believe I have to reboot the computer to accept the new O2 sensors, correct or not? If so, best way to do so?
Replacing link pin sway bar bushes, easiest way to do so?
Thanks,
Dave

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
Positive terminal off battery for 30 seconds to reset computer, hold revs at 2000 for 15 seconds when you start it again.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
2 new O2 sensors to VS V6, I believe I have to reboot the computer to accept the new O2 sensors, correct or not?

It helps (is quicker) but is not strictly necessary, as it will overwrite the current learned values anyway.

If so, best way to do so?

As ^ but don't bother with the rev. You can pull one of the fusible links from under the bonnet, in front of the fuse compartment instead of disconnecting the battery which avoids losing radio presets and/or re-entering the security code. I don't know off the top of my head which one but it will be marked "Eng Comp", "EFI" or similar.

Replacing link pin sway bar bushes, easiest way to do so?
Thanks,
Dave

I wrote a "How To" on replacing the bushes which should get you started. It should be on the second or third page in the "How To" section.

davecvscommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim wagon 1996
Cheapy I've had a look in the How To section, sorry mate, not seeing it.....
Cancel that, anti roll bar links..........

Last edited: