Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

o2 Sensor replacement help

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
My car has been idling a bit rough lately, so i thought i'd change the o2 sensors. I changed the spark plugs and leads not too long ago, and as far as i know the coil pack is fine. I haven't touched the fuel filter, i guess that's my next option.

I've got a good idea of how to change them, it's just i don't know where they are (lol).

Anyway, i'm not sure where the o2 sensors are located. Could anyone upload/link a picture of them and where they are on the car?

Thanks.

As stated in my profile info i have a 2000 VX Berlina V6. So i'm presuming i have 2 o2 sensors.

Mad84VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Ute
I havent got a picture but they are down the side of the engine on the exhaust manifold. if you follow the exhaust from the manifold you will see a thing like a tube with 2 wires coming out of it. undo them with a ring spanner and put the new ones in.

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
I havent got a picture but they are down the side of the engine on the exhaust manifold. if you follow the exhaust from the manifold you will see a thing like a tube with 2 wires coming out of it. undo them with a ring spanner and put the new ones in.

Mmm, thought they were down there somewhere. Are they both together then?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Mmm, thought they were down there somewhere. Are they both together then?

One on the left exhuast , one on the right.

About 50cm from the block. Little sensor with two wires coming from it. It is the only sensors on the exhaust, can't miss it.

Simply unplug connector from underneath car, undo sensor, screw in new sensor and tighten (not to tight, treat it like a sparkplug, finger tight and a nip up), and reconnect.

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
One on the left exhuast , one on the right.

About 50cm from the block. Little sensor with two wires coming from it. It is the only sensors on the exhaust, can't miss it.

Simply unplug connector from underneath car, undo sensor, screw in new sensor and tighten (not to tight, treat it like a sparkplug, finger tight and a nip up), and reconnect.

Great, thanks heaps.

theghostoftime1978

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 vt berlina series 1 V6
just down follow exhaust from engine bay and u will see a thing like a spark plug with a wire coming off it, thats the O2 sensor, 1 on each side

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
just down follow exhaust from engine bay and u will see a thing like a spark plug with a wire coming off it, thats the O2 sensor, 1 on each side

Thanks for the input too! Is it possible to change them without jacking the car up?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Thanks for the input too! Is it possible to change them without jacking the car up?

Only if you are extremely thin. You will nee to get under the car to do them.