Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

O2 sensor VE loom issue

hsv ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv enhanced vs ss 5.0 a4
I have a 2007 VE sv6 auto which I’m converting to 6 speed manual
It has 6 wire precat o2 sensors on the existing exhaust and loom
The new loom I’m fitting from a SV6 manual ute has 4 wire precat o2 sensor plugs the same as post cat plug on my existing loom
Does anyone know if I can just modify the loom with the 4 wires from the new loom joining the corresponding colours on the existing 6 wire sensors or whether I need to fit 4 wire sensors on the precat side of the exhaust?
I have the ecu from the SV6 manual ute included in the conversion kit.
I’m determined to make it work one way or another and I’ll try it with removable plugs so I can test whether it will work with the 4 wire loom attached to the 6 wire sensors
I’m thinking the loom is possibly from a series 2 VE ute? Or possibly the Utes have different o2 sensors?
The only other difference between the looms is the starter solenoid wire is a plug on the existing loom and the new loom has a lug to be bolted onto the starter motor solenoid.
Any help will be appreciated

hsv ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just got under the car and the precat o2 sensors have 5 wires but there are 6 wires on the loom plug, my mistake
I’ll give it a go rewiring the new 4 wire loom to attach to these 6 wire sensors and see how I go lol

hsv ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
4 wire sensors have the same colour code wires as the 5 wire sensors missing one wire obviously
I’ll splice the 5 wire plugs onto the new 4 wire loom and give it a go and see if it’ll run and not throw codes
I’ll update the post later today or tomorrow and let anybody who cares if you can 5 wire O2 sensors in place of 4 wire sensors