Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OBD II Dongle/VCM OTR Install

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
Got the VCM OTR installed today and after a bit of driving the engine light came on. I want an OBD II dongle just to clear the error (I know it will keep coming up) but I'm not going to get a tune until I get the full exhaust put on, so I need something which will do the job until then.

I was looking at this item
Ebay: Auto Car V1.5 ELM327 OBD2 ODBII Bluetooth CAN BUS Scanner Tool TORQUE ANDROID

Also I noticed that since the engine had the OTR fitted when deaccelerating the engine will flare as it changes down gears by about 300 rpm. That is driving at 1200rpm, gear change down will jump to 1500rpm then rev down. Is this normal or a separate issue?

It's an auto gear box.

cruelass

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS
I have that exact same dongle and it also comes with a cracked version of Torque as well. I ended up getting the Dashcommand app for $10 as its better. As for clearing codes I cant say as i havent had to so far but for the small investment it was well worth it for the novelty alone.

mtw002

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 Ute
Is there one compatible for iPhone?

Matt

benjo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS S2 Thunder Ute
Is there one compatible for iPhone?

Matt

There is you need the wifi one, the one linked above has a wifi version, that's the one you need.

Also the CD that comes with it has a few cracked versions of various software but be aware mine was riddled with virus and malware

I use the wifi OBD Elm with dash command and it works great a little bit of mucking around to get working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk