Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OBD Readers

harveyconnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6
Just wanted to write back that I successfully updated mylink to the latest firmware. being a MY14, I didnt have the reverse lines but I do now.
It was fairly easy. Using the TIS2WEB java interface, you download the update to a USB, plug it in the the mylink and press start. Then once that's finished you need to reprogram the radio module which is only a few clicks.
Happy to share more detailed instructions if asked.
Could you please post some more detail instructions. I haven’t used TIS2Web before. All is greatly appreciated!

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Yeah I have that subscription and it’s linked to my VIN but I’m wondering how he got the info to copy over to my USB etc

you launch the sps as detailed here

then you select reprogram ecu
then wait for it to load the modules and you should look for infotainment and select that and follow the on screen guide to use a usb drive to save the update.
you then use the usb drive in the vehicle to update the mylink via its usb slot.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
you launch the sps as detailed here

then you select reprogram ecu
then wait for it to load the modules and you should look for infotainment and select that and follow the on screen guide to use a usb drive to save the update.
you then use the usb drive in the vehicle to update the mylink via its usb slot.

Exactly. The only difference is instead of 'infotainment' it says radio programming. Once in that, be sure to select USB copy instead of programming. I had my car hooked to a charger as the time it took for SPS to download the multi-gig file and then copy it to USB was near 20 mins. Then make sure car is off for 30 secs, insert USB into mylink, go into the mylink menu and press update from USB. This process then takes between 30-45 mins. The screen goes blank for what seems like an age. Don't panic, it will come.

Then once done you need to hook up to SPS again, and this time to radio programming.

harveyconnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6
Exactly. The only difference is instead of 'infotainment' it says radio programming. Once in that, be sure to select USB copy instead of programming. I had my car hooked to a charger as the time it took for SPS to download the multi-gig file and then copy it to USB was near 20 mins. Then make sure car is off for 30 secs, insert USB into mylink, go into the mylink menu and press update from USB. This process then takes between 30-45 mins. The screen goes blank for what seems like an age. Don't panic, it will come.

Then once done you need to hook up to SPS again, and this time to radio programming.
Thanks for all that! Do you have a recommendation on a battery charger

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Thanks for all that! Do you have a recommendation on a battery charger
I have an ctek mxs 5.0 it works well. Be aware the service manual seems to suggest against using a charger (you'll find that in this thread) but it worked fine for me.

Just in case you missed it you do need a USB drive plugged into your laptop that will get erased and overwritten with the update.

harveyconnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6
I have an ctek mxs 5.0 it works well. Be aware the service manual seems to suggest against using a charger (you'll find that in this thread) but it worked fine for me.

Just in case you missed it you do need a USB drive plugged into your laptop that will get erased and overwritten with the update.
Yeah I’ll probably get that charger. Does it also update maps on there?

harveyconnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6
D1965D9A-1BBB-4B0E-A0B2-95B43BC11D60.jpeg

I get this error when clicking Radio with USB copy selected. USB is fat32