Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OBD2 software to change mylink dash layout ect mods???

sandman2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Ute
anyone know of a software to mod the dash or the colours background of the mylink and just all that stuff in general??

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
you cant change the dash colors unless you change the cluster and the cluster will need its eeprom programmed with your vin number to work.

the mylink might be able to have the colors changed if someone can flash a different spec firmware to it and the colors would only be red or blue.

the other option is to change the main box of the mylink(not the screen) and again its eeprom will need to be programmed with your vin and it would be the same colors red or blue.

here is info on the eeprom programming for both the cluster and mylink
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/mylink-vin-eeprom.266357/

sandman2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Ute
this really bugs me with holden that once you buy the car its the software and infotainment (mylink) on it is what will forever be on it with no updates EVER!!! every other devices in TVs and even FRIDGES these days have firmware/software updates but Cars dont. i still have pandora icon... useless now!

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
Mines an ex vicpol detectives car and I'd love to be able to customise what screens show on the centre display in the cluster.
1st world problems but it annoys me how it will always change back to digital speedo whenever the ignition is turned on. It has a (useless in everyday driving) little known captured speed screen that will save the speed you were doing when you press the set/clear button on the digital speedo. And everything is missing from the car menu except battery voltage.

It did make my mechanic jealous though, theres none of this speedo set 3'kms higher business and he doesn't have that in his vf ute. If your doing 110 on the freeway according to the speedo you are doing 110 - 110.5 :p