Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OBD2 Tool Locks up car

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
Hi,

I recently bought an OBD2 scanner for my VF SV6 cause I felt like one, I bought one that was recommended here which can be bought on ebay.

When I plugged it in it ran fine and found no codes, all good locked up the car and tried it on my dads VE wagon and that was all good too. Though when I’ve come back about 2 hours later none of my keys would work and I was essentially locked out of my car. I put the key in the door and opened it which set the alarm off. I couldnt turn the alarm off as nothing would work on the key so I waited it out. So I tried my dads VE keys, and sure enough none of his worked either! Both set of car keys eventually worked about 10 minutes later.

Is this a common issue? Does anyone know what caused it?

Link: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/292628445533

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
when you open the door and the alarm sounds put the key in the ignition and start the vehicle and it should stop it.

I would run the test again with the obd tool and see if it happens again to rule out any other interference on the 433mhz channel and if it does happen again return the tool as it could be a dodgy tool.

Toyadore T5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF V Calais
I had a Bluetooth elm327 obd2 scan tool (also ebay) plugged into my 2015 VF Calais V with an L77 V8. I forgot that it was there. Recently, the cruise control was cutting out intermittently, the engine felt like it was in "limp" mode and the instruments would occasionally turn off and a check would blink up on the display between the speedo and tacho too quickly to read. Then I remembered and pulled the device out. Everything went back to normal straight away.