Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Obesity

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
Everything in moderation is the key, a wholesome diet with fats carbs,salt,sugar,protein and salt is the best way to go, one of the biggest problems is that people enjoy convenience so much they don't mind shoveling deep fried goodies down their face rather than actually cooking a meal in advance.

That hits the nail on the head in my opinion - Today, individuals haven increasingly become money rich and time poor - Hence why fast food is so popular - Save people time, they'll happily pay the $$$

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
In researching a data lesson I gave to my year 10s, I found a graph that shows a direct correlation of US food intake (calories) vs incidence of obesity. Another graph shows that where 90% of US food expenditure was inside the home around 100 years ago (i.e. home cooked groceries) now it is only 50%, with the biggest increase since the 60s.

Speaking from personal experience, I gained weight when I ate like a pig. Binge eating, binge drinking, eating out, eating rubbish. I lost weight when I ate reasonably and exercised.

Nuff said.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
In researching a data lesson I gave to my year 10s, I found a graph that shows a direct correlation of US food intake (calories) vs incidence of obesity. Another graph shows that where 90% of US food expenditure was inside the home around 100 years ago (i.e. home cooked groceries) now it is only 50%, with the biggest increase since the 60s.

Speaking from personal experience, I gained weight when I ate like a pig. Binge eating, binge drinking, eating out, eating rubbish. I lost weight when I ate reasonably and exercised.

Nuff said.

And the home of the world's most popular junk foods today? Probably the US.

Think McDonalds, Pizza Hut, KFC, Hungry Jacks.....and that's just for starters.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Do they they still have supermarkets in the US that sell actual unprocessed fresh/basic foods?

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
apparently it's not that difficult if you're out of the cities, they have shops like wholefoods etc

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I like to tell overweight people of my experience with my mum. She was not obese but overweight and got diabetes when she retired.
Anyway years down the track gangrene set in one foot.
The toes go black and start to rot (I won`t forget the smell and how hopeless I was to help).
Then amputated the leg below the knee she was so scared.
She passed away a few days later I felt so useless.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
I like to tell overweight people of my experience with my mum. She was not obese but overweight and got diabetes when she retired.
Anyway years down the track gangrene set in one foot.
The toes go black and start to rot (I won`t forget the smell and how hopeless I was to help).
Then amputated the leg below the knee she was so scared.
She passed away a few days later I felt so useless.

Sorry to hear this Pete :( must have been traumatic mate, it is true however that most overweight people only link it with heart issues when it comes with a whole myriad of added and increased ailments.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
My friend just came back from New York.

His first comment was he couldnt wait to have a salad. Its just harder to find fresh foods there apparently.[/QUOTE

Possibly just more expensive , but when my brother lived in California , he said one thing they missed was meat that tasted like meat and vegetables that tasted like they should ,