Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ODB2 Scan Tool

rockets84

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS-V Sportswagon
Thinking of getting a ODB2 scan tool & app and was wondering what other people are using with their ZB's. I was looking at the Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+ and pairing with the iOS app Car Scanner.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
if you just want to read and reset codes then you can just get a cheap elm327 device off ebay that pairs via bluetooth to your phone for about 10 bucks.
ignore all the marketing hype from most of these reader tools because they all do the same thing and have the same elm327 chip in them.
the marketing behind most of these readers will tell you that it eats glitter and sh!ts rainbows but that is all just to justify the high price, the reader just converts obd messages to AT commands for the mobile app to process.

if you want to do proper dealer level diagnostics, module programming/updating etc then you will need a mdi like the bosch or vxdiag, these require a computer or tablet to run diagnostic and programming software and do not run off phones.

Last edited:

1qazwsx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB commodore sedan RS
I use an obdlink mx and have used it for about 5 years and it works great. I brought a carlinkit device that connects to applecarplay and turns your cars display into a fully functioning android tablet.

My car displays torque for all my gauges and has Poweramp playing music in the background.

It has sim slot and an SD card slot and has its own GPS. Device itself works great for this but has some minor issues with audio delays say from using YouTube etc but you can adjust audio settings to compensate for that

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
if you just want to read and reset codes then you can just get a cheap elm327 device off ebay that pairs via bluetooth to your phone for about 10 bucks.
ignore all the marketing hype from most of these reader tools because they all do the same thing and have the same elm327 chip in them.
the marketing behind most of these readers will tell you that it eats glitter and sh!ts rainbows but that is all just to justify the high price, the reader just converts obd messages to AT commands for the mobile app to process.

if you want to do proper dealer level diagnostics, module programming/updating etc then you will need a mdi like the bosch or vxdiag, these require a computer or tablet to run diagnostic and programming software and do not run off phones.
Which app do you use?