Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ODO Worries

12POUNDSTATO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S2 L67
Hey everyone, just a quick question. How is the odo recorded in a VS? Is it through the bcm or direct to the cluster? I just brought a vs Calais with 110,000 kms on it and although the condition and paper work indicates it is correct, I’m just wondering if it was an easy thing for someone to roll back?

Attachments

• 0B67BB34-F46C-4A33-B044-46E538D948A7.jpeg
    0B67BB34-F46C-4A33-B044-46E538D948A7.jpeg
    240.5 KB · Views: 143

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
So you bought that L67 Calais off Tony in Newton. If someones knows what they are doing those eproms inside the cluster are easy to roll back. It's commonly done unfortunately. If I'm correct it's had a closed door repaint and that's what makes the 110,000Km questionable, but stranger things happen. BTW clusters are easily exchanged and it also is very commonly done. I have a 45,000Km cluster here that could be used for exactly the same thing, but I wouldn't, but I'm sure if I put it up for sale it would be snapped up instantly to do just that and make extra coin out of some unsuspecting sucker.

Unfortunately when one buys a car off someone you'll rarely get the real story behind the vehicle in question and only find out afterwards from someone that does know the story.

PS. your photo looks just like my 69,000Km avatar doesn't it ?

Last edited:

12POUNDSTATO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S2 L67
No not from Tony and not from newton and hasn’t had a respray. I’ve managed to track down the previous owner before the guy I brought it from so I should know soon if it’s been rolled back

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
mmmm it just looks identical to the one that was up on Gumtree for around 10K recently.

12POUNDSTATO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S2 L67
mmmm it just looks identical to the one that was up on Gumtree for around 10K recently.
Ah ok. Nah this one hasn’t had a respray. I need to take it to get a cut and polish because it’s full of scratches

12POUNDSTATO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S2 L67
Just had a conversation with the original owner and he has verified the kilometres so I no longer need to worry lol

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
Does the odometer reading match all the service records in the book? Or previous service invoices if supplied?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Does the odometer reading match all the service records in the book?
Whollll it would be a lucky man to find a original owners manual in the glove box of an old VR or VS..... hahaha