Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Off to work I go.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Morning all.

I've now decided to take 6 months off uni to work. (need money)

So far I've been looking for work as a mechanics t/a or labourer (in Perth). Not as easy as first thought, not many jobs going around and the ones that are there are usually snapped up within the first hour of them being advertised.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas or tips about where I should be looking or if there are any other sorts of jobs I should be looking at.

I'm stumped so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers again,
Steve.

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
I was tempted to do the same, but got worried that I wouldn't ever make it back to uni... Good luck with it! I'd scan the online listings, they can notify you when jobs in a certain category come up. Either that, or give everyone a resume and hope they call you sometime.

R Photon

I Like Bresciani Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Commodore
i was considering doing the same(taking the six months of uni to work)..but like jack i thought i'd never make it back..
wat are u studying man? you might be able to get a junior position in a firm with the uni experience you've got.

one of the chicks at uni works part time in an accounting firm(dunno wat she does there) but shes only started uni this year..

so yeah have a look in your preferred area..ud prob enjoy it way more than labouring...good look with it man and be persistent

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
stay at uni, like the others said. drop down to part time and get a part time job but if you get out of the groove you'll find it hard to return.

the sad fact is it helps to have a qualification these days, it makes things easier. doesn't have to be uni but you should get something, a trade if not a degree.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
slundy said:
Morning all.

I've now decided to take 6 months off uni to work. (need money)

So far I've been looking for work as a mechanics t/a or labourer (in Perth). Not as easy as first thought, not many jobs going around and the ones that are there are usually snapped up within the first hour of them being advertised.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas or tips about where I should be looking or if there are any other sorts of jobs I should be looking at.

I'm stumped so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers again,
Steve.
Have you thought about registering with a job agency like Catalyst, They have a lot of casual and part time positions,

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Seriously speaking.. spend 20% of your "jobsearching" time applying for ADVERTISED jobs, and the other 80% applying for Non Advertised jobs. This works as funny as it sounds. I didn't believe it, until I got my current job.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
tr3nt said:
Seriously speaking.. spend 20% of your "jobsearching" time applying for ADVERTISED jobs, and the other 80% applying for Non Advertised jobs. This works as funny as it sounds. I didn't believe it, until I got my current job.

I've been walking into a few places and just asking if they have any work, but so far nothing.

Not staying at uni, just finished a 6 month bridging course and no intake for my course until 2007.

Cheers guys, suppose I am doing it right, just not holding my toung right I guess.

Steve.

MarzVP

I now own a TARAGO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Tarago
Are you qualified to work for yourself in any way?

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
MarzVP said:
Are you qualified to work for yourself in any way?

No not qualified in anything really. As I'm only 18 ive done a few things but never got any qualifications. Dont really know if I could be bothered with all the paperwork if i were to work for myself.

I'm really good with anything mechanical and I think I may have found something. I applied for a t/a job with ultratune but if I dont get that he said he will pass my number round to other stores. Hopefuly something will come of that.

Just gotta wait and see.