Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

offroad?

hothead115

Reaction score
Members Ride
1972 mini clubman
hey guys just wondering if u can claim insurance for a 4wd if you hit a tree while off roading? thanks

OFFiTS

..::kRiiSSi::..
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn SS
A guy I know rolled his forby in the bush but as far as he knew his insurance wouldnt cover him so he had to pretend his lost it going round a corner and hitting a gutter.... they covered him in the end run... lol even though he rolled it in the sand instead of a road surface!

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
With the right wording in your claim possibly, but i wouldnt be counting on it

vl1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Executive
hothead115 said:
hey guys just wondering if u can claim insurance for a 4wd if you hit a tree while off roading? thanks

It all depends on your policy. As long as it occurred on a gazzetted road most policies will respond.

xlr8_87

No longer a commy driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 Prado 4x4
dont see why not?
technically its just another public road and you were driving on it

we once did some undercarriage damage to an old Pajero (trooper of a car!) whilst out on the 4WD tracks and insurance fixed that up...

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
Ha ha, i just remembered that my sister was learning to drive dads brand new jackaroo on a mates property, she would have been maybe 12 i think, dad was sitting in the passenger seat and said, go round the tree, she tried, 8 grand worth of damage later, there wasnt a straight panel left on the drivers side of the car. Needless to say, she isnt a very confident driver now