Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Offside Explained

Outlaw Torn

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 FORD EA Falcon (So sue me)
Simple way of explaining offside using an analogy dear to women's hearts - shopping.

Imagine you are in a shoe store, and there is one person ahead of you in the queue to be served by the shop assistant.

While you are waiting you notice a fabulous pair of shoes on the counter behind the shop assistant at a bargain price.

You don't have your purse with you, it is being held by your friend on the other side of the store.

The woman in front of you, who is also eyeing off the shoes, doesn't have her purse in hand either.

You can't push in front of her and then ask your friend to give you your purse, that would be unfair, so that would be offside.

You can ask your friend to throw you your purse.

When you catch it, you are then allowed to move ahead in the line, without being offside, and so buy the shoes.

Alternatively, your friend can throw the purse in front of the other person, and while it is in flight you can move ahead in the queue, catch your purse and buy the shoes. That would not be offside.

Importantly, your friend must have let go of your purse before you move in front, otherwise you are offside.

newo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Ummmm, you know, the funny thing is my mate tried to tell me about the whole offside thing. I kinda understood this one a lot better :p

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
heh its scary, that acctually made sense