Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oh dear Greta takes the spotlight again

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yes Immortality but I believe we are experiencing a lot of scare mongering. I agree the planet is warming and we are possibly partly to blame. However does the evidence really confirm that this change is happening as fast as climate advocates claim? Its still fairly new in comparison to other things that concerned the population over the last 40 - 50 years. I am no expert but have looked at some other scientific articles that suggest yes the planet is warming but at a significantly slower rate than we are told about in the media.
As for food running out the evidence suggests that right now we are able to produce more food than ever before. Plus the predictions are that food supply will able to increase even more and not actually run out as some would lead us to believe.

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
I agree the planet is warming and we are possibly partly to blame.

And what other force do you believe are contributing , the Marigolds ?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
And what other force do you believe are contributing , the Marigolds ?
maybe the loss of marigolds.... Have you considered that it could be a natural occurrence. Many scientists are claiming it is but all we hear about is its caused by man. I'm not saying it's not caused by man, just highlighting that the information we are given may not be accurate. After all man made climate change like anything is based on theory using evidence to support an argument. From what I have looked into is that like one of the vids alluded to the amount of CO2 produced right now is like a fart in the wind. Now whether the tiny amount we produce in comparison to other gases in the atmosphere is critically upsetting the balance is too early to tell. I see no concrete evidence on either side of the argument just because Greta says so doesn't mean diddly to me. I am a bloke who hasnt made up my mind either way as i look at both sides of the argument and to say man is the biggest cause needs more evidence than we have right now.

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
research paper published in 1997 before climate change became an engineered hysteria https://www.tmgnow.com/repository/global/planetophysical.html

"Current PlanetoPhysical alterations of the Earth are becoming irreversible." "There is growing probability that we are moving into a rapid temperature instability period similar to the one that took place 10,000 years ago."

Strong evidence exists that these transformations are being caused by highly charged material and energetic non-uniformity's in anisotropic interstellar space which have broken into the interplanetary area of our Solar System. This "donation" of energy is producing hybrid processes and excited energy states in all planets, as well as the Sun. Effects here on Earth are to be found in the acceleration of the magnetic pole shift, in the vertical and horizontal ozone content distribution, and in the increased frequency and magnitude of significant catastrophic climatic events."

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
And this^^^^^ is exactly why no one can convince me either way. Its no wonder people believe Greta when we have these theories floating around that the average bloke like myself can make no sense of at all.....

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
People believe Greta ? Some kid propped up by users lurking in the shadows?

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
And this^^^^^ is exactly why no one can convince me either way. Its no wonder people believe Greta when we have these theories floating around that the average bloke like myself can make no sense of at all.....

In other words when the sun gets hotter the planet gets hotter.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Yes , your right lets not use Aus as an example , lets maybe use the ice sheets/sea ice of the Arctic region that is disappearing leaving starving Polar Bears slowing encroaching on civilisation to survive , Walrus and Seals forced to be landlocked on periless cliffs falling to there death or maybe the glaciers of Europe and New Zealand that are disappearing at a rate of knots or maybe the slowly thawing frozen tundra of northern Europe that is sequestering billions of tons of carbon slowly being released , lets not forget all the low lying pacific islands and coastal cities , that are disappearing under a rising sea displacing thousand .
I haven't started on the changes with the sea where underlying currents that drive a lot of the weather around the world are gradually being changed , and the creatures at the bottom of the food chain put under immense stress causing a chain event that will effect all marine and terrestrial life , yes lets not use Aus as an example.

Your right , climate change has allways existed but nature usually allows change to be slow enough i.e. over thousands of years to allow life to adjust but when change happens too quick for nature to adjust then mass extinctions occur such as the extinction of the dinosaurs caused by a meteorite or the pouring of billions and billions of tons of carbon back into the atmosphere that WE have done. There is no scientific explanation other than human actions that can explain the changes were experiencing . Have we caused it , go argue with the hundreds of educated knowledgeable scientists that say we did .

Were all lucky as were going to be well dead when your great great grand children will be blaming us for being for being so complacent . Maybe we should just stick to what we know and drive our polluting V8's around and make excuses to make us feel better

Well, typical that some one has doubts (note, that doesn't mean a denier, it means I have issues I haven't been convinced of yet) gets a gobful from someone who is convinced.

I said I didn't think Australia was the best place to assess climate change. That was purely because we are already a nation of extreme weather patterns. Are we REALLY the best place to determine rising temperatures, compared to countries which don't experience extremes as the norm? At no time did I say it wasn't getting warmer, I said the climate is undergoing change. Is that too hard to understand? Clearly, it was.

Oceans rising? Bullshit. If the oceans are rising and inundating low lying island groups, why aren't our tides showing the same increases? Why aren't our low lying coastal suburbs also threatened with inundation? It's the same ocean, after all, or does it only rise where it can suit the argument? That one argument is the most specious used by climate change exponents. The leaders of various Pacific nations used that excuse to persuade us to gift them half a billion dollars to fight climate change. If they're going under, how will they use the money - by building bloody big walls around their islands to keep the water out?
Yes, our climate is changing, but the paranoia that has gripped so many, to the point that we now have a climate emergency, is the area of greatest difference between people like yourself and those like me who accept change is occurring, but not at the speed claimed.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
In other words when the sun gets hotter the planet gets hotter.
We were taught that in primary school. So why is that not taught today? Be funny if in 20 years time a new theory pops up and gets taught in schools.