Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oh Holden... No.

ms_enj

Geek girls are sexy...
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega 60th Anniversary
So I was reading Holden's feature page for the Barina Spark and saw this:

60GmV.png

From this, one can assume that the CDX model has no suspension at all, but even better, the rear suspension in the CD model is torsion bean.

I know the car is supposed to be cheap and economical, but fitting legumes to the rear instead of shock absorbers and a springing medium? That's just too much cost cutting as far as I'm concerned.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The advertising looks like it has been prepared with the same level of care as the cars are.

The Spark should never have been released in Aus.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Think of the depth of engineering knowledge of the target market for the spark. I dont think the words "torsion beam" will scare too many 18 year old chicks off, as long as it comes with a place to put the Iphone and there are some bright colours around.

I think the fact that you can by a new car for 13k with 4 star safety rating, ESC and curtain airbags is impressive so I can understand saving money on things that no one except for car people care about

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Thats about all Holden can do to keep the price down.....cut corners and cheap plastic crap. Personally I wouldnt touch a barina. My mate has one thats 3 years old that she bought brand new and so far the entire suspension has had to be replaced along with quite a few other parts.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
if your selling a v8 your goign to put a lot more attention into it cause blokes are buying it... if its a women dominated market you can get away with it and if you can get away with it why wouldnt you to make some money
thats how they think anyway

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
if your selling a v8 your goign to put a lot more attention into it cause blokes are buying it... if its a women dominated market you can get away with it and if you can get away with it why wouldnt you to make some money
thats how they think anyway

That model is not targeted to blokes, far from it.
Moreso young 18yo chicky babes just out of school/in school that wanna get around in a bright coloured car that has ipod control and looks "cute"
While still at the same time not costing much at all

As described above

fjwb

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 cv8
Holden is not cost cutting, they have very little to do with the design of such cars. It's a car designed for a set purpose at a set price, it's not meant to be anything else.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Porsche and VW Golfs had Torsion for a while. I think US 'Trucks' use it aswell. I wouldn't say it's a lesser type of suspension, but I wouldn't want it on my car ;)

yogi_b

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6
I think you'll find that he was referring to the typo torsion 'bean' for the rear suspension...

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
That model is not targeted to blokes, far from it.
Moreso young 18yo chicky babes just out of school/in school that wanna get around in a bright coloured car that has ipod control and looks "cute"
While still at the same time not costing much at all

so an ss isnt targeted more at blokes? re-read what i was saying: if the market your selling it to (women) have no idea about cars then you can afford to cut corners and save money