Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oh NO Manifold!

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
The metal line needs to go to a x-mas tree off your manifold, it is for you shift solenoid on the trans, but if you got none free either disconnect a emmision line or use a port on the carb which gets vac the same time the manifold gets it...
as for flooding, you'll see black smoke from your exhaust, if you got a manifold leak, it'll be too lean which can cause it to stall when slowing down or at idle like you mentioned...

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Yeah looks like i need it to shift, i tok her for a drive up the road and she only went to 1500rpm and the belt started to squeak like shiat! so i just parked her...

Any ideas on an area i can connect the line to on the carb? i guess a t pipe piece is in the right direction?

Looks like it wasnt flooding just timing out, but i fixed that. Just need to shift and shes fine :)

[Edut] just did some research and i now see why, thanks atari :)
Just need a hose now :D

Last edited:

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
atari??? whos that??? lol...
there should be a big port on the base of the carby that'll have manifold vac...
as for you're squeelnig belt, tighten him...

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Done & Done thanks ataril308 :D

When i accel a bit i can her an outboard boat motor sound, sounds like the carby, this is normal? Ive only been up 60k with no worries, i just hear that sound when i accel abit to cruise on the eco gauge.

[EDIT] Everything okay now, thanks :D Grunt i love it !!

Last edited: