Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oh NO Manifold!

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Well

I installed my manifold tonight to only notice that it doesnt have a valve to stick my metal line on like my old one, i never realised untill now.. the old one was an 88-3 the new one is an 88-4.. so what do i do with this metal line?

Just above the egr valve on the carby, does that line go the the 5 piece valve on the right rear? <-- first valve on the carby above the egr.

Please can someone help before 6am :w00t:

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Does this metal line go to your carb? Just plug it with a hose and screw for th time being until you get pictures of what you mean.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
The metal line connected to a valve under my old manifold, but there no spot on the other one.

On the carby above the egr valve, not the egr itself.. where does the carby line go to?

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Looks like this metal line puts oil in the manifold or something, maybe justa drip system? I'm going to follow the line shortly and find out where its coming from.

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
it'll either be emmision crap which you can just block up, or it'll be the line to the solenoid on the trans to make it shift, therefore run it off a vaccuum port on the carb which gets vaccuum the same time the manifold does...

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Yeah i solved the carby line above the egr. :)

I have a rubber line going from the rear of my rocket cover, the pipe piece to the manifold andnow just this metal line thats rogue and no where to go. i'll kick her over soon and see what happens.

If its to make her shift, do you mean those metal gold valves that sit on the sides on the mnaifold?

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Well i turned her over and.........

Woohoo shes sounds so much sweeter, wit the carby redone and an almost new manifold, her reaction with the pedal is so much sweeter and the gears change without problems.

Taking her for a test drive soon to see if anything comes out of the metal lne when i shift!

I nothing occurs from this line, just clamp it shut with pliers should be okay?

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
You might find that the metal pipe works on vacuum from the carb to the transmission and it won't change up or down gears unless it's connected to the carb, that is if it's the one I think you're talking about.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
It was originaly from my manifold, connecting under the hose connection that leads to the pvc pipe on the rear rocket.. The metal line i think it leads to the gearbox, looks like it :p

Well im guessing it might need a vaccum as she wouldnt shift and if i went above 20k in D then slowdown she would stall :(

What part of the manifold can i connect this metal line upto to get vaccum?

Whats flooding sound like in idle wise? i don't think its flooding i think its her timing.

In Reverse i did hear a strange sound.. not sure what it was, though u cant hear it in D

[EDIT] this metal line would connect under the engine breath hose connection of the manifold.

Last edited:

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
ignore this post, i stuffed up, read the next one... lol...

Last edited: