Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

(OHHYEH) Dijm8's VZ SS 6.2L, 20's,Coilovers, 300+rwkw

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
Lol... once you've get heads you will be blowing me out of the water.

But no thank you, I think I will keep mine. I have plans for it still. ;)

New OTR, lifters, rods, retune, new clutch, all new bushes and then some rims. Don't tell the missus but haha.

hehe nice nice :p

got some good news my builders friend is wrecking his vz senator so im gonna grab some goodies...maybe back seats, brakes, boot spoiler, front bar...might just take the whole car while im at it bahaha

ohh on the other hand, i drove by the shop and he was away working today on a sunday lol, he let me take the car for an hour, and wow car feels soo much better with the gears, it shifts soo much better with em, just all round feels amazing :)

2011-11-13141247.jpg

2011-11-13144050.jpg

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Awesome!! Yeah, gears are sure to put a grin on your face. Very jealous of the harrop cover. How much that set you back?

And are those new driveshafts too?

I would grab the interior and the brakes off the senator. Don't grab the bar though. Your car looks mint and understated. Like it's not truing to look touch, it just is. Senator front would take away from that imo.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
by the sounds of it you're loving those new gears.

have you considered a twin 3 system seeing you want to change from the 2.5.
a mate was telling me he pretty much had to go with that otherwise it would have been restricted too much.
it was s/charged, now has the same amount of L's as there are days in the week

i just love how your car looks pretty much stock (other then wheels) and is packing a fair punch underneath it all.
so in other words dont go for the bar.
but yeah go the interior, brakes and see what the rims are going for, im sure some of us would love to get a set of them =P

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
yeh ive considered either a single or dual 3" i think dual would be the way to go, its great i get pretty much no looks at all which is what i want :p

the car is a mess it got written off pretty bad front survived but most other panels got a nice hammering :s

jakstas

Auto Elec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 M6
Probably a few killawasps hiding in a bigger exhaust, I use a varex twin 3". Are you using a 1 3/4 header? Maybe a 1 7/8 also help you out. Your a touch limited with the electronic TB, so can't easily/cheaply upgrade that either. But that said, 310rwkw in a near stock looking/sounding package.... I'd probably leave it alone if it was me ;)

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
yeah a twin 3 does sound awesome if you have the right stuff done.
the car i know with that system just sounds real throaty and mean (think deep 350 in a boat when its not in the water) with no drone, its great

so just wondering. now that you have gone from stock gears to diff gears what sort of a difference is it?
or are you still coming back into earths orbit? =P

its not that i want to get them on my car now (3.08 LSD lined up =P) but for any future car/s

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
Probably a few killawasps hiding in a bigger exhaust, I use a varex twin 3". Are you using a 1 3/4 header? Maybe a 1 7/8 also help you out. Your a touch limited with the electronic TB, so can't easily/cheaply upgrade that either. But that said, 310rwkw in a near stock looking/sounding package.... I'd probably leave it alone if it was me ;)

i gotta find out what size the headers are, still the same 1's from the ls1, yeh i dont like the electronic TB but heard its quite a small fortune to change it over so it'll just stay in ther i reckon..yeh its just a figure but damn she pulls very pull :)

yeah a twin 3 does sound awesome if you have the right stuff done.
the car i know with that system just sounds real throaty and mean (think deep 350 in a boat when its not in the water) with no drone, its great

so just wondering. now that you have gone from stock gears to diff gears what sort of a difference is it?
or are you still coming back into earths orbit? =P

its not that i want to get them on my car now (3.08 LSD lined up =P) but for any future car/s

well i only had the car for an hour today before i had to drop it back off again, and i couldnt go hard since the engine mount was broken aswell,

but its a massive difference acceleration is changed alot more responsive, the trans shifts so much better too..yeh i just had a full rebuild but i had the chance to drive it before the gears went in but it just works soo well with them in, you get alot more use out of each gear