Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil Analysis @ 310000ks

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
Lads, I was inspired by The Stig and got an oil analysis done on my L67. Just clicked over 310ks on the engine. Im well impressed by the report and piece of mind for $50 was well worth it!

VS L67 Oil Report.PNG

Might stave off the power bug for a bit, not sure how the engine will handle internal mods, but am happy to know there is zero coolant/water and fuel in there after 10000ks!

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
Interesting post. Thanks for putting it up. What's involved in getting a report done?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Very good results for an engine of that age. Nice to see the company including comments in plain English rather than just a list of numbers.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
What's involved in getting a report done?
You will need the sample company to supply a clean sample container. Just make sure you get a good sample, just like a urine sample where the ask for mid stream ie. Not the first dribble or the last bit of crud.
stool-sample-8155579.png

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Do you have a name of the Co who does this?

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
At my workplace we use Shell LubeAnalyst
https://www.shell.com.au/business-c...services-for-customers/shell-lubeanalyst.html

They have different grades of tests available. You don't have to be using Shell oils but need to tell them what you are using. Sometimes they ask us just to send off a clean sample for their records if it is something they haven't seen before as we use some imported full synthetic oils branded with our company name in our hydraulic and compression systems. We also do use some Shell mineral oils.

There are others I have used before but cant remember the names right now.

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
Sorry for the delay in reply lads, been a hectic week, moving the olds into the house dad and I have been renovating for them. Still not 100% either...... Anyway, I digress.

I used Blackstone Laboratories.

They are US based, however, as stated, they provide reports in plain English and it is super easy to read and understand. Costs $28 USD for the report, but well worth it for the piece of mind. They'll send you a sample kit, easy as to do, grab the sample mid drop, send it off and wait.

I'll probs do another one in 20k for reference against this one.