Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

oil change for 6speed

go fast

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ve ss 6.0 litre
hi yah all. I am going to change my gearbox oil it say to use dextron 111 automatic fluid which sound right it is written on the side of my gearbox,i fill it up till it comes out of the filler hole,'that i know'then it says to put an extra 500ml in through the shifter,how do i take the shifter out without droping the gearbox out of the car,do i simply take the shifter of from inside the car? or is there another way of putting that extra 500mls into the box. if anybody could help that would great. gear box is t56 manual. :hmmm: :idea:

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
Just take the reverse sensor plug out and fill it through that

go fast

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ve ss 6.0 litre
thanks for the answer:beer chug::beer chug:.would you know if i should replace the seal or would it be ok,not to sure if it has got one or not,:hmmm:

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Dex. III oil for a manual gear box? ? ?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Theres a couple of manual boxes around that use auto trans fluid instead of oil.The T5 manual box in the VS for instance.

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
There you go, I never knew that. I thought Auto trans would be too thin, and it's a hydraulic oil not gear train oil. Learn something new every day.

go fast

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ve ss 6.0 litre
can somebody tell me were the reverse senser is? is it were reverse lockout is,is that were i top up the gearbox with 500mls

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If you gotta add extra oil to the box, and its already overflowing out the filler hole,then just jack up the car on one side so its on an angle, this should allow you to fit in the extra oil in without it running out of the filler hole again.Just dont get under the car unless its properly supported first..This seems a lot easier than stuffing around trying to get oil in through the reverse lockout or whatever.

VR_Acclaim

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr acclaim
That's how I filled mine to with one side up, my 5 speed xf ran dex 3 to

go fast

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ve ss 6.0 litre
:beer chug:thats a great idea thanks for that, saves muck assen around with the sensers:beer chug: