Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil Change Message

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV-Redline
Hi all.

My SV6 VF just hit 14,600kms and the centre LCD is popping up "Change Engine Oil Soon". Is this an automatic message because I'm approaching the 15,000km service, or could it be a problem I need to get looked at sooner ? I've booked it in for service in 5 days, is it OK to keep on running or should I be concerned ?

Cheers

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
As your engine is an Alloytec, most owners choose to charge their oil AND filter every 5,000 - 7,5000 km. The Alloytec engine is renowned for gumming up if the engine oil is not of a high standard (clean and serviceable) changed regularly. Good luck.

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
An interesting sideline is that I had my 15K service done around 12K. I then got the oil change warning later. I was a bit upset that the dealer had not reset the oil life, but was told that they could not. It was automatically set to the service K.

If that is true, then my next warning will be at 30K, when the service is actually due at 27K. Not good.