Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

oil filter adaptor

v6 panelvan

Reaction score
Members Ride
wb panelvan
hey guys

im new here and looking for some knowledge and help lol

currently im putting a vs v6 into my wb panelvan but am having problems with the oil filter hitting the pitman arm. so i am just wondering if any of the other model commodores oil filter adaptor plates will fit on it allowing me to put the oil filter in a slightly different position to avoid this???

or if any of u have any photos of the different models adaptor plates that i can compare.

anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers

matt

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
vn filter mount mounts the filter higher than ecotech and will bolt on

v6 panelvan

Reaction score
Members Ride
wb panelvan
ah ok awesome! thats just wat i need. mite hav to look into it. do u know if the vs power steering pump will be in the way though if i put the vn adaptor plate on? and are the vp or vr any different?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
dont know if it will clear pump or not vn pump is up hanging off the drivers side head

v6 panelvan

Reaction score
Members Ride
wb panelvan
ah ok tru. does it tilt the filter slighty down like the vs one? vs pump sounds like its in about the same place. do u know if vp and vr are the same as vn?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The USA verions of this engine mount the oil filter completely different to how ours are, because they mostly mount the engine east-west style and are mostly front wheel drive vehicles.If you dont find anything you can use here is oz,then maybe you can pick one of the US ones up somewhere,online maybe.

v6 panelvan

Reaction score
Members Ride
wb panelvan
ah ok kool. i mite have to look into that! mayb ebay or something has one somewhere. otherwise i guess ill have to go a remote kit or something.

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR II berlina wagon v6, 72 HQ ute 253
same engine, im guessing the same vn s1 was a slight diffrent design with the coolent pipes etc but not sure about the oil filter

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR II berlina wagon v6, 72 HQ ute 253
i just had a quick look at my 2 engines i have here. the vs oil filter housing sits lower than the vr one but the vr has the pressure sensor out the top, which would hit the p/steering pump on the vs. also the housing will bring it up but the p/steering pump will more than likley get in the way.