Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

oil filter relocation?

cameron20020

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 1990 V6 3.8L
okay so I did a quick search on the forums, and couldnt really find anything on it,
but on ebay, I have seen a few oil filter relocation kits, like:

Honda Oil Filter Relocation Kit F22 F23 H22 H23 B16 B18 - eBay (item 7953126398 end time Apr-07-11 18:12:10 PDT)

basically, i'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with these, and wondering if they are any good. personally, i'm worried its just going to add to the list of things that could possibly break, like the rubber hoses on it might decide to spring a leak one day, or the inclusion of this might cause a slight drop in oil pressure.

ironically, i wouldnt be looking at this, if i still had my vn calais, but sadly, the oil filter on my 94 prelude is in one of the dumbest locations.
thankyou honda for putting it between the back of the engine and the firewall, now i'm off to have a shower and wash off all the used oil that i'm now covered with lol

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
A mate of mine put a remote oil filter on his hilux when he put a 253 holden motor in it. He had a constant whirring noise coming from it.His was bolted up to the inner guard so the noise was transferred right through the cabin.