Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil in radiator

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Only need a tensioner if the spring has sacked out. Mine is over 20 years old and still ok. Save the coin and just buy a steel pulley.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore

10_80

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx Commodore.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I have no idea.

I see the link I posted didn't work....Must be a reason they offer a thermostat with 30% more flow capacity?
I'm very sure like 100% that indicator is to tell you that your belt needs to be replaced once it stretches out, Thermostat is to get engine up to temperature 30% more water flow will only mean your water will circulate more quicker, either way doesn't matter I would just stick to specs, I don't think it will do much the water will move out of the engine block faster and get less time to cool in radiator were the water will take longer in the engine block making it hotter but giving itself a little more time to cool, in the end it will just equal it self out, temperature rage will be the only different that will effect the engine temp to release the water. I think its just a gimmick to suck people in to getting a more expensive one.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I had a hi flow in the ute and I noticed no difference. If the one you have is still fairly new, keep using it. The V6 doesn't suffer from overheating too much as long as the cooling system is in good condition.