Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] Oil in Radiator

mrclink

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Series 2 S
Recently replaced my lower intake manifold gaskets due to oil leaking externally. noticed that oil has now sludged under radiator cap. Obviously I've messed up my install somewhere along the way right? ive seen some threads of people saying oil cant get into the coolant thru the LIM gasket so not sure what to believe. Also once Ive figured the issue out do i have to do anything to the oil contaminants other than flush fluids? take it easy on me im still learning, cheers fellas.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
LIM gaskets leaking can mean oil gets into coolant ports. Did you lube the gaskets before fitting the LIM? If you don't you can run test risk of damaging the rubber bead around the ports while moving it in to position.

mrclink

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Series 2 S
LIM gaskets leaking can mean oil gets into coolant ports. Did you lube the gaskets before fitting the LIM? If you don't you can run test risk of damaging the rubber bead around the ports while moving it in to position.
Hm no i didn’t lube the gasket never knew that was advised, i guess i’ll just have to rip it apart again and find what i did wrong.
Also is there a certain way to clean out contaminants or should a flush be good enough? cheers