Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil Leak Help

Sfilie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6
Hey guys recently my vr commodore started reaching very high tempuratures, it did it only couple times over a week but now its doing it every time i drive. i took a look under the bonnet and have noticed alot of oil leaking. from what i can tell there is a sizzling sound and oil coming from above the water pump and just below the alternator. just wondering if anyone could tell me if it is a gasket in that area or another problem? also when checking the oil dip stick it has bubbles on it. could this mean coolant system leak or something?

any help would be much appreciated

zelby11

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
SCOOTER
If theres oil coming from above the water pump,it could be the rocker cover gasket needs to be replaced.The high temp you need to check the thermostat and the gasket.With the bubbles on the dip stick it looks like the head gasket might be cracked.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
The overheating can distort the rocker cover seals and make them leak....however I wouldn't worry about oil leaks till the cause of overheating is found and fixed. To get the best help on this forum you need to provide as much info as possible...so can you advise: how many Kms on motor, did it boil dry, has there been any indication of it starting to overheat recently, does the engine normally burn oil or use coolant plus any other info. The sizzling sound is bad as it indicates the head is hot enough to boil coolant which sure ain't a good sign.