Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil leak help!!

bacon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 vx II Spack
Hey guys, so i pulled out of the garage this morning to find a pudell of clear oil smelling liquid on my garage floor. it was under the front of the car.
any ideas on what it would be? cheers.

bacon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 vx II Spack
nah sorry mate, best description i can give is, looks like a puddle of water but when you touch it it smells and feels like oil?
i got told i had a very slow leak from my steering rack so im thinking maybe thats finally gone or??..
its going in for a service tomorrow as i dnt have time to do it myself atm, work is hektic. so hopefully my mate thats doing it can help me out

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Did you have the air conditioner going by any chance? If so if you have had it going for a period of time, your car is in idle or turned off it will leak out water from under the car. The smell could be from when it drained out it came in contact with some oil? Doubt its power steering fluid if its not Red. If it was clear and coming from your steering rack, i will be saying go get your self another power steering rack and pump! You will also find it very difficult to steer if your steering rack is dry.

L

Leo.Bullterrier

Take it to a mechanic so they can have a look see and fark work, your car and your health is important to.

bacon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 vx II Spack
thanks guys, its going to a mechanic first thing in the morning anyway good thing its a mate as well, will be straight up with me no busllshit haha.
hopefully iys just the aircon water and not my steering rack :( haha.
either way gotta make the cash money to keep my baby on the road ;)