Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil leak vy s ??

Cassandraaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 Spac 2003
I don't know much about cars but I bought a 2003 series two vy spac three days ago after driving it home there was a drip from the coolent it will need to be replaced my radiator guy said,

Next day I noticed an oil leak it's small but I'm still worried it's coming from a metal pipe connecting or what it looks like it's connecting the radiator to the engine? Can anyone tell me what it is?

I've barely driven it feel like I've been ripped off by the car yard he said I had warranty but then when I told him about the problems he changed it to no warranty I paid $3850 cash and still have $200 to pay because he put 6 mths rego on it and on my receipt he put $2250

Last edited:

321abstract

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy acclaim 2003
used cars from dealerships come with stat warranty I'm pretty sure, you shouldn't have bought the car if he was going to be dodgy and put on your receipt $ 2250 if you indeed paid more, but I'm sure the engine leak wont cost that much to fix, hopefully not anyway , gl.

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
If its oil from the radiator its trans oil. Slow dry looking leak is not an immediate concern. Hopefully just the connection needs to be tightened.

As abstract said prob shouldve come with a warranty if not big km on it but you really need some paperwork to back you up. Always read carefully before signing even if no money has been exchanged yet. How did you pay for it do you have evidence how much you paid for it?

Consumer affairs or ombudsman might be able to help you if you get no joy from the dodgy dealer. Records and evidence is your friend. . most of the time.

Cassandraaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 Spac 2003
It has 196,000 Klms he said to lower the transfer fee he would write that I thought fair enough he's helping me out
Then I noticed the leaks called and he said no warranty
I was originally only paying $3500 with no rego, but it went over 21 days over so could only be registered for 12months I didn't have the cash for it that day so he put 6 months on it and charged me the extra $550 for it (does this price sound right? For car dealers) I looked on rta and it said there where concessions on the rego.
So all up I paid 3500 + $350 and I owe him $200 he hasn't given me transfer papers untill I pay $200 but with fixing the radiator and oil leak I will be refusing to pay it and demanding the papers as I've bought a "non faulty" car from him that was in fact faulty and if he won't give them to me I'll be writing a complaint to fair trading as that's what they told me to do when I called them

Cassandraaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 Spac 2003
It's a dark almost black colour isn't trans oil reddish? I only read online I don't know too much about cars would a pic help?

Cassandraaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 Spac 2003
It has 196000ks he said when I bought it that there was warranty, but then when I told him about the leak he said no warranty he still hasn't given me transfer papers

Last edited:

321abstract

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy acclaim 2003
picture would be good, when you reply (go advanced option) then down the bottom manage attachments,add files,upload,submit,post

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
Pics always help. You are correct the auto trans oil is red but if its dodgy there is a good chance it will be old and dark.

Cassandraaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 Spac 2003
So it was the trans cooler ?? had to tighten the o ring?? The hose was wobbling it was so loose also a hose to the power steering was very loose too glad We got under there lol i honestly am only just learning all this stuff lucky my boyfriend knows what to look at n how to do it
Now just gotta do the radiator and it should be sweet fingers crossed also the trans oil stuff coming out was that dark I thought it was oil so I really need to get that flushed and changed how much does it usually cost? Thanks guys