Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil leak

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
I've got a fair bit of oil coming out of this hole in between cylinders 4 and 6. It's just under the level of the rocker cover gasket. You can see it in between the two injectors in the photos. I hadn't noticed it before and wondered if there should be some sort of bung or cover for it? Any help is much appreciated!

Image001-2.jpg

Image000-1.jpg

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Mine was like that, change the rocker gasket and fixed.

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
as mentioned...

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Rocker cover gasket was changed about a month ago for the roadworthy! Funny thing is, I couldn't see any oil leaks before it was changed. That hole isn't meant to be plugged then?

ashzv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN v6 s2 Berlina 5spd
are you saying it was a series 1 and they blocked the breather on the rocker cover?

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
It is a series 1. The hole isn't blocked up at all though, and is leaking quite a bit of oil. Is that where the breather should go?I suppose it's possible that a pipe was removed when the gasket was done, and not put back.

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Mine had same leak but replaced rocker cover gasket and was all good, i looked at all the engines at the wreckers and no cars there had a plug for that hole either, it's just a blind hole that wasn't used for anything with the VN engines...

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN series II custom :) and VZ exec
its just a bolt hole, but goes now where, but oil will sit there, on the left side the alternator bracket bolts there i would clean it first, but your manifold could be leaking, or they didnt tighten th bolts up on the rocker covers enough,
cheers, nick

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
crazyspoon05 said:
Mine had same leak but replaced rocker cover gasket and was all good, i looked at all the engines at the wreckers and no cars there had a plug for that hole either, it's just a blind hole that wasn't used for anything with the VN engines...

Ok. Thanks for that. Looks like i'll end up doing the rocker cover gasket again. I'll do it myself this time though!!