Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

oil leak

D

drans_vp

i think im leaking oil from my sump but have no idea how to drop my sump or what eva were do i begin and is it easy to repair

richie_cky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Model
yeah ive got the same prob. Its pooling at the bottom of the sump and dripping. If the rear main seal was stuffed, would that cause the oil to pool at the bottom of the sump?
How hard is it to replace the rear main on a 92' VP? Or how hard is it to remove the sump?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Take gearbox off and flexplate or flywheel depending on gearbox.Taking old seal is easy...replacing seal is difficult as it has to be put in at a certain depth on the crankshaft boss seal surface.You dont just hit it until it bottoms you have to be careful and in the manual it shows a tool that you screw on to the crankshaft and wind the seal and it automatically stops at the right depth.I suppose if you are careful you could make a collar that would do the same job or use a depth gauge at various places to ensure the right installation.

Attachments

• rear seal.jpg
    rear seal.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 213