Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil on extractors

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
Honestly if it was any of these, there would be oil everywhere....Not just a small area like this....

I currently have oil leaks at my oil pressure sensor and my power steering pump and that oil hasn't gone everywhere like you say it would, I believe the pissing contest is on vs rotors and by my tally Shane 3800 is winning.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Maybe the seal moved when you fitted it down, or you over tighten it, some more photos be good like oil pump and surrounding areas.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
run the car and let it burn off the excess oil on the headers. May take 5-10mins of idling before it stops smoking. Then as the others have said, wait for it to cool down and check for oil just below the rocker covers.

two-bit

old enough to mang better
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S series II
do as others have said clean it up and confirm where it is leaking from.
it could be coming from the little rubber boots that go around the bolts, or something else could be leaking under pressure.

calibre brand is made by platinum gaskets, i've had problems with both in the past not sealing correctly
did the gasket sit in the groove nice and tight or was it loose and flopping around?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
They're only plastic rocker covers - It'll be rocker cover gaskets. May even be worth using a little bit of sealant.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I put RTV in the 2 corners not much just a dob to stop it from flopping down, a poorly prepared surface will make it leak, make sure there nothing in the cover groove and that your top of engine surface is dry and smooth, parts cleaner on a rag and wipe it clean does the trick, you can use a small putty knife or blade to remove any bumps, inspect the cover for cracks from over tighten.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I currently have oil leaks at my oil pressure sensor and my power steering pump and that oil hasn't gone everywhere like you say it would, I believe the pissing contest is on vs rotors and by my tally Shane 3800 is winning.

Oil pressure switch is below the top of an exhaust manifold..,.Please explain to a dumbass like me, how can oil sit on top of an exhaust and no where else on the exhaust from an oil pressure switch?

Also explain how power steering fluid can miss areas of the exhaust manifold and hit other areas? As can be seen by the pictures, there are dry areas of the exhaust.

Last edited:

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
Removed by poster.

Last edited:

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Others have said rocker cover gasket, but you said it was replaced recently. Did you also replace the rubber washers around the bolts as well ??