Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil or not

tezza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Genuine Holden filter, they are not expensive.

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
I have had good results with HPR15. Used Valvoline Durablend 15w40 semi synthetic for as long as i can remember in my cammed v6. Thought i'd try HPR15 as the lifters would get a bit noisey after a thrashing. Now i wouldnt go back to valvoline

VR028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
I have had good results with HPR15. Used Valvoline Durablend 15w40 semi synthetic for as long as i can remember in my cammed v6. Thought i'd try HPR15 as the lifters would get a bit noisey after a thrashing. Now i wouldnt go back to valvoline

thats interesting i actually did that the opposite way around to what you did. i didnt notice any difference though so i stuck with valvoline as i can get it cheaper. maybe v8's are different

jzet

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais '93
Hi guys. Why do I always find the filter empty when I do the oil change? ( VP Calais V6) Also, if I start the car after couple of days I can feel the motor for a few seconds trying to feel the empty filter. My last filter was Ryco. But it seems that any filter that I use is the same. Could it be that something else in the oil pump causing the overnight drainage and not the filter itself?