Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil pressure issues?

Gnh81

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
So last week I bought a VE SV6. Had a crook oil pressure sensor when I got it so replaced it with an aftermarket part. All was good for 3 days, then got a message on the dash saying to check oil.... checked oil and all was good. Ran the car up with my scan tool and was showing good pressures, almost higher than expected. Once up to temp at idle it was dropping below the 24kpa threshold and setting off the warning on the dash. What I have read tells me I should be around 68kpa at idle when hot. Pulled the plug off the sensor and it was full of oil. Put that down to the aftermarket sensor being rubbish..... purchased a genuine item today and ran the car up. All was looking good and then eventually dropped away to below 60kpa and then down into the low 20’s again. Pulled the sensor, made up and adapter to suit and plumbed in a mechanical gauge. Long story shortened, had very good pressure at idle around 15psi. What’s going on here?????

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
when they leak the get oil in the plug then once new one is fitted the oil in the plug if not cleaned out still causes a fault, must clean the plug also with new sender

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Wiring fault to that sensor?

Gnh81

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
So last week I bought a VE SV6. Had a crook oil pressure sensor when I got it so replaced it with an aftermarket part. All was good for 3 days, then got a message on the dash saying to check oil.... checked oil and all was good. Ran the car up with my scan tool and was showing good pressures, almost higher than expected. Once up to temp at idle it was dropping below the 24kpa threshold and setting off the warning on the dash. What I have read tells me I should be around 68kpa at idle when hot. Pulled the plug off the sensor and it was full of oil. Put that down to the aftermarket sensor being rubbish..... purchased a genuine item today and ran the car up. All was looking good and then eventually dropped away to below 60kpa and then down into the low 20’s again. Pulled the sensor, made up and adapter to suit and plumbed in a mechanical gauge. Long story shortened, had very good pressure at idle around 15psi. What’s going on here?????
Thanks for the heads up, I did give it a clean before plugging it back in but did just notice there is still a little residual oil in the plug.